Lost at Love

*BEEP BEEP BEEP* my alarm goes off.

It's my first day at my new high school. My last school was very accepting of me, actually they were all basically like me,

skinny jeans, band tees, ear buds in. It was the school most known for suicides and self harm. But hell I liked it there

because people were too depressed to be stupid jocks or annoying. I have a feeling that this school will be my hell.

Sure enough. I walk into the building and saw boys throwing footballs, cheerleaders showing off there asses and dumb ass nerds. I rush to my first subject, French and immediately get yelled at for having headphones in. Second period health, dumb as always. Then English, which I was quite good at. My next hour is the best though, Band.

"What Instruments do you play?" The director asked giving me a look over

"Percussion, guitar, saxophone, a bit of flute and somewhat trumpet.'' I say awkwardly. He smiles pulling me into a hug.

"I'm going to have fun with you.'' creepy but whatever. "You can play guitar, we only have one of those.''

"Great I'll bring mine tomorrow.'' he nods and gives me one to borrow. This band has every instrument imaginable. I walk towards another guy holding a guitar and take a seat.

''Nice shirt'' I say to ben presumably. He had long, wavy dirty blonde hair, a green day shirt on and ripped black skinny jeans. Over all quite attractive.

"Thanks you too" He says motioning to my Green Day shirt.

"Thanks" I say gathering the sheet music

''We do a lot of standing so wear comfy shoes.''

''I only own vans and converse'' I laugh

''Pretty and a good sense of style, doesn't come often around here" He says, immediately after the director clears his throat and we begin playing 'Seven Nations'. I miss a few chords but Ben covers them up, I think he is free styling too at some parts but it sounds fantastic. The bell rings and I pack the guitar in and go to my math class.

"Hey" says a short preppy girl sitting next to me, she's wearing a green Areo sweatshirt and jeans with worn out converse.

"Sup' I say slumping into my seat

"I'm Melissa" She says taking out a cookies as a snack.

''Kayla. Nice to meet you Petite Cookie"

"Thats not my..."

"Shhhh. Let it happen" I say cutting her off.

The teacher doesn't seem to care about teaching us that much. I guess they just ended a chapter or something so she let us have a free day.

''I play flute" she offers

"Cool." I say pulling out my phone checking twitter

''You rocked at that guitar duet with Ben" She says getting cookie crumbs on her stomach

"Thanks." I say trying to get the point across that I hate preppy bitches.

"I like your shirt. I wish I could get band merch..." she says trailing off

"Really?" I say getting a bit more interested

''Yeah. Say what lunch do you have?"

"Um A? I guess"

"Ooo." She says smiling excitedly "We have lunch together"

"Awesome sauce'' I say plugging in my headphones "Mind if I chill with you"

"Course" She said. Then for the rest of class I drowned in the songs that make me hate this school a little less

"Hey!" I yell out as a paper hit me in the back of the head. I see a bunch of jocks giggle but I let it slide because I only have a minute left.

I walk down to the cafeteria with Petite Cookie. I get a coffee and she gets a pizza.

"Not hungry?" she asks as we sit down at the end of a table

"Nope" I lied. I'm starved. I help my self to the pepperoni she picked off her pizza and continued to sip my coffee. She was really quiet, which let me zone off. I snapped out of my daydream and saw that attractive boy, Ben.

"Don't try with Ben" Petite Cookie says turning around to see who I was looking at. "Nothing more than eye candy. He is a bit of a bad boy"

"Bad boys are my type" I say looking back to her eating a cupcake.

''Not this one. He is not a relationship kind of person."

"Eye candy" I repeat looking back at him. He is drinking chocolate milk laughing with some boys that I recognized from band.

Lunch ends and I go to history then Biology. I find my locker and change into work out clothes. It is quite hot here so I change into a tank top and yoga shorts. None of witch shows my scars, besides the wrists, those are covered by bracelets. I walk out to the track that surrounds a football field, enclosed by bleachers I see a bunch of football boys playing so I decide to go on the grass, around the tennis fields and such. I run sprints mostly but today I felt distance. I run for ten minutes and flop down onto the grass under the shade of a tree. Its so god damn hot. I see a figure cross the the beating sun, but can't make out who it is.

"Ello love" I hear a familiar voice say as they plop down next to me

"Hello Ben" I sigh

"Too hot to run today" he states. I sit up looking at him, he had no shirt on, sweat dripping down his muscular body.

"ugh. I need cold water or an ice bath" I say when he notices me staring at him. But I mean, abs are my weaknessess

"Nice cold shower." He laughs

"Hmm. Popsicles too" I say jumping up. I hold my hand out to help him up but he rejects it standing up on his own.

''I need a nice cold shower" I say starting to jog back to the school building

"Mind if I join?" He says catching up to me.

I'm not one to blush but....no its the heat this bad boy won't get to me. "For the run yeah come on and join"

We run in silence but its more like its too hard to talk due to the heat. We enter the gym flopping down in the nice air conditioned building.

"Damn you run fast" He pants trying to catch his breath. I sip water wishing I ran faster, thinking about it.

I leave to get changed and Ben grabs my hand stopping me, causing my cuts to hurt like hell. I cry out in pain

"Oh my god I'm sorry I didn't think I grabbed that hard" he says truly worried

"It's okay. I just get scared easily" I say rubbing my wrist and turning to continue walking.

"Wait!" he calls out. I continue walking, just eye candy, Petite Cookie's words whispered in my head.

"Hey Kayla!" he calls out as I disappear into the girls locker room. I use the shower, shampooing and washing off. Then put on clothes and fresh make up. I grabbed my bag and keys.