Chapter 6~How do I tell him

Nathanael POV

What my mom said though was very true. I never found any interest in girls besides being friends with them. I remember maybe last year I think it was I pretended to have a crush on Marinette so people wouldn't think I was gay...

Because I used to think being gay was something you didn't want people knowing. I still pretend I have a crush on Marinette so people don't think that I'm gay...

Marinette knows of course that I don't like her in that kind of way. I pretty sure the only people that know I'm gay are my mom, Marinette, Alya, Juleka, Rose and Adrien. I definitely don't want Clóe, Sabrina, or Kim to know that I like men because They would just give me hell.

I don't know why I'm so ashamed by it though anymore it's just...who I am...

My mom is just proud that I'm being myself and she still loves me the same. And I'm also pretty sure that my best friends Juleka and Rose are dating so I don't feel that alone...

I remembered In the fourth grade I pretended to have a crush on Juleka as well. I now regret ever doing that...

Keeping it from Clóe, Sabrina, and Kim is one thing...but when I kept it a secret from my friends...I felt horrible...I tell them everything...

Is this what it feels like to be insecure...

Adriens POV

I went to a bench at the school and sat down. I saw Marinette sitting at the bench on the other side of the school. I quickly got up and ran over to her. She was reading a book on new fashion designs. "Hey Adrien!" She said as she looked up from her book. "Hi Marinette!" I said. She smiled at me.

I sighed. "Aww...somethin the matter Adrikinz?" She asked teasingly. I chuckled at her teasing tone of voice. "No but seriously is something wrong?" She asked being more serious. I sighed again. "Sort of..." I said.

"What's up?" She asked. "Well Nathanael...I'm confused about him..." I said. Her eyes then filled with joy. "You...as in a model...have a crush on Nathanael?!?!" She said excitedly. I shushed her. "Don't yell it...geez...ok yes I like him." I said. "YEEEEEEEES!!" She jumped up from the bench and shouted. I sat her back down.

"Stooooop your embarrassing me!" I said. "I can't help it I'm just excited!" She said. I laughed at her excitement. "But I don't even know what to say to him..." I said. She looked at me with confusion.

"What do you mean...you'll have plenty to say to him." She said. "Like what?" I asked. "You should tell him how you feel...then you'll know if he feels the same which is pretty obvious he likes you back." She said as she playfully punched my shoulder. I chuckled.

"It's not as easy as it sounds Marinette...I'll try to make conversation first." I said. She smiled at me. The bell the rang indicating we had to get to class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~