Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Both Brianna and I acted cold towards each other since that day. Everyone seems to notice but I just pretend nothing happen. I didn’t see both Brianna and Lily much; as a matter of fact I didn’t see any of the Silverstone except for Mike and Mady as we all worked in the same office. I came home late every night and leave home early without breakfast and it has been nearly a week now.

I’ve finally decided not to stay in London any longer. My heart is breaking everyday; breaking from missing Brianna. I missed her so badly and I can’t even concentrate on my work. After talking to grandpa and after much persuasion, he finally agreed to let me come back home to LA early. I went Mike’s office to tell him the news.

“Hey, Mike can I speak to you?” I asked him.

“Sure, Rick. What is it all about?” he set the file his holding on the table giving me a full attention.

I hesitated for a moment but decided that I need to go direct to the point, “Did Brianna told you that she broke our engagement?”

“What?” he sound shock. “God, don’t tell me because of Lily incidence, she’s breaking it off with you?”

“Yes,” I nodded my head, “She told me that she’s couldn’t live in guilt forever if anything to happen to Lily again.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to her. Me and Elisa will talk to her about it,” he promised.

“No, Mike,’ I shook my head, “I don’t want you to force her. I too don’t want her to hold any guilt if she stay with me.”

He shook his head as if regretting everything that had happened, “I so sorry, Rick.”

“It’s not your fault, Mike,” I assured him, “You can’t stop things from happening.” He just softly sighed. “Since there’s no point for me to stay here any longer, I’ve decided to go back to LA earlier than expected,” I told him.

“Really?” he asked looking sadly at me, “You didn’t want to stay and fight?”

“There’s no point, Mike. I can’t make Brianna happy if Lily still stubbornly rejecting our relationship. As I’ve said earlier, I don’t want to force anyone in this family to accept this relationship,” I pointed out.

“Maybe Elisa and I can talk to both of them,” he suggested again.

I shook my head, “No, I don’t think it will be resolve.”

He inhaled deeply, “What did your grandpa said about this?”

“He didn’t say anything but agreed with my suggestion to come back early,” I told him.

“So when you decided to leave?” he asked, maybe he finally sees that there no way out.

“I wanted your permission to leave by tomorrow,” I said to him.

He sighed again, “Well if you really want to leave I won’t stop you,” he said. “You have my permission. Does Brianna know you’re leaving?”

“I haven’t told anyone but you,” I told him. He nodded his head. I excused myself and walked out of the room.

I was packing my things when I heard a knocked on my door, “Coming,” I said while continued packing without looking at the person entering my room.

“You really leaving?” she asked. I looked up and found Lily looking at me with sad eyes.

“Yes,” my short replied as I ignored her and continued folding my trousers putting them into my suitcase.