Chapter Two- One's Love For Another, And Her Return.

Unknown POV:

Sitting on the stone steps of the meeting hall, I drew a sharp breath each time his shadow turned the corner, repetitively. The bell tower chimed its tune four times, indication the time is now four o'clock. I stood up and adjusted my dark cloak before entering the building, following behind many others gathered here tonight. 'They must be my comrades for this mission...' I thought to myself as I bumped into someone's back.

"Eeep!" I gasped out louder than I expected. I felt a hand catch me from falling.

"Easy there, miss. You're going to get injured." a tall, muscular man says gently.

He helps me regain balance before introducing himself. "Ah, you must be the new recruit of the team. Welcome. I am Diablos Kreon. And you are...?"

'Shit...it was him. I have to use a fake name.' I thought before replying, "Oh, I-I'm R-Reveka. Reveka Corviere'. "

He seemed to crack a small smile. "It's nice to meet you Reveke. Is it alright to call you Rev?" Diablos questioned.

"S-sure. I don't mind." I answered back shyly. 'Still polite as ever, aren't you?' Putting my hand out for him to shake, he looked at me confused.

"What are you holding your hand out for Rev?" He cocked his head to the side.

'Jesus, I forgot that demons don't shake hands. They exchange their flames.' "O-oh. H-here." I lit the tip of my index finger in my blue flame.

He smiled and lit his in black. We touched our fingertips together, but I quickly pulled mine back after remembering something. 'If I touch him...he'll remember my magic. I can't allow that.' Diablos again, gave me a confused expression. "What's wrong? Did my magic hurt you Reveka?" I shook my head in response, not realizing that the hood to my cloak had fallen. His eyes widened as tears began to rise in them.

"W-what are you-" He cut me off by pulling me into a tight hug.

"Be quiet, darling....I thought I lost you all those months ago..." He mumbled into my shoulder. I felt his hot tears hit my neck as he started pulling off my cloak. "I need to see that it's really you...I need to see that mark on your shoulder..." Diablos whispered into my ear.

I nodded and let him pull of the cloak to reveal my bare shoulder with a seal on it, which contains my magic. He put his lips to it and kissed the mark gently. Feeling his warm touch once again made me happy, but I knew it was wrong. "Diablos...I know what you've done..." I quietly state. He pulls away from me and looks into my eyes with his ruby red orbs. "You don't have to lie anymore...I know you've been engaged to Millie.... Why...? Why would you do that...." Now I was the one in tears.

"Annabeth I-"

I cut him off. "Save your lies for the pillow. I don't want to hear your excuse! You went and allowed your father to engage you to some Elf!" I yelled as tears streamed down my face. Spinning on my heel, I stormed out of the door, my feet leaving thunderous echoes behind. I knew he was chasing after me, though I didn't care. He hurt me severely. To think he would do such a thing as committing his life to another species....

After running for what seemed like hours, I finally came to a secluded area in the blackened woods, somewhere he hopefully wouldn't find me. Apparently, I was wrong, for he had caught up with me. I was out of breath, though he was still completely fine. 'Damn Teleportation' I thought as he neared me.

Backing up slowly, I began to turn again to continue running, but I felt his firm grip on my left arm. "You're not going anywhere." He said, smiling like a maniac.