33. back up

**THIRD PERSON'S POV**

~ FIVE HOURS EARLIER ~

Ara was in the apartment when Jae Eun had suddenly busted inside in a hurry. She saw the girl run back and fort while grabbing her camera and some notes. She was so focused on herself that she didn't even notice Ara's presence in the room.

Ara was silently peeking from the kitchen when she noticed Jae Eun grab her phone and make a call.

"Hello, Mr. Song-" She heard Jae Eun's voice greet the person on the other line.

Ara wondered who that may be, but she decided she would worry about that later and continued to eavesdrop on Jae Eun's conversation. Ara heard everything her best friend was saying and she could feel the excitement in her voice.

"I have to go Mr. Song. I can't let this opportunity pass." Ara heard her say enthusiastically.

She heard Jae Eun say a few more things on the phone before hanging up and heading towards the entrance of their apartment. She immediately shot up from her hiding spot in the kitchen and grabbed Jae Eun's arm to stop the girl from leaving.

"Jae Eun, you seriously shouldn't do this!" Ara said, frustration laced in her tone.

"I thought you were asleep inside your room." Jae Eun said while scrunching her brows in confusion.

Ara resisted the urge to roll her eyes at Jae Eun. She was so incredibly pissed at her behavior right now. She tried to be threatening with Jae Eun, but the other girl didn't seem to be fazed at all. Ara gave her a glare before starting to speak again.

"This is stupid! You really shouldn't go, wherever that is." Ara told Jae Eun in a stern tone.

She sighed and pulled her arm away from Ara's hold. "Sorry Ara." She told her best friend sadly. "You know this is important to me and nothing's going to stop me from doing this report." Jae Eun said.

She didn't wait for Ara to respond. She made sure she had all her stuff with her before finally dashing into their car and leaving their apartment. Ara sighed from the doorway and shook her head at her best friend's behavior.

Ara still wanted to try and stop Jae Eun so she started to call her non-stop. For every call that Jae Eun didn't answer, Ara only started to get more anxious. Yes, she may have shown a cool exterior in front of Jae Eun, as if she didn't care, but she was worried sick about what might happen to that girl. Once Ara realized that Jae Eun was being her stubborn self as usual and won't pick up her calls, she eventually stopped trying to reach the girl. She paced back and forth a few times before she nodded to herself and finally called the one person she's been trying not to involve in this whole thing.

Jimin's phone suddenly rang in his hand just as he exited the elevator at their company. He was on his way for another talk with his father. He glanced at his phone and raised a brow once he saw Ara's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello?" Jimin said, as soon as he answered the call.

"Jimin, I need your help. It's about Jae Eun." Ara said, skipping all the pleasantries. "I really tried to stop her, but she just wouldn't listen!" She exclaimed.

Jimin started to get worried from Ara's words, but he didn't quite get what was going on yet.

"Okay Ara, take a couple deep breaths and tell me what exactly is going on." Jimin told her softly.