Strings

It was still dark when you woke, and the Fazbear band was still here in front of you. Then you were suddenly falling in a heap. 

You stretched every limb and became familiar with them again. The chains had snapped apparently, but your wrists were still enmeshed.

But that was alright. As long as you were free.

You carefully climbed down stage. The chain links slid off the apron and dragged behind you like lifeless serpents. Light spilled through the open exits. It was morning.

You slowly emerged, not bothering to take off your mask. You wondered what Peter would think when he was to notice your broken chains.

               It's what he gets for doing this dumb shit in the first place.

Everything outside seemed normal. It was quiet, parking lot empty. Before you thought about retreating you spotted two swelling figures coming from the large field. The duo were boys.

No, teenagers. Young teenagers. One of them looked—

               Was that YOU?

You didn't mistake yourself. Yet another event that defied logic, but on a much different level. This was some kind of glitch in the matrix! Neither of them said anything to you. 

"Shit kid, you're fast!" the older said.

You watched the scene you'd been in years ago replay with you as third person, too dumbfounded to say anything.

               Maybe...they weren't really there. 

Maybe you were just hallucinating an old memory due to your mind snapping last night. 

The two carried on their plans to go inside. It all certainly looked real enough in your eyes. The older kid pushed on the closed door and ran in. 

As if someone had taken the ends of your chains and heaved, you were yanked in the other direction. But these weren't chains anymore; they were string; wrapped around both your wrists. 

You were dragged inside, knees burning, and the restaurant lights on. The kid stopped, and so did you ... and you still couldn't see what was pulling you. The strings went through the walls and ceiling like phantoms.

The kid inspected in disillusion. No one seemed to be here.

"Uhh...anyone in here?" he called out. You tried communicating but your body was unresponsive. He looked ready to escape when a yellow Bonnie suddenly emerged from the kitchen, almost as bewildered as his guest. 

"Holy shit!" said the surprised kid. The "Bonnie" was silent for a moment before speaking;

"Hellooo! What are YEW doing here?" 

"I'm here for free pizza and soda. What else?" the teen stated his business intrepidly.

"Hmmmm, normally that's against the rules, but hey, yer the only one here. So why don't I go ahead and grant yer wish?" the yellow rabbit offered.

"How do I know I'm not being punked?" 

Bonnie let out a goofy laugh. You could see the small, human eyes way back in the sockets, glimmering with mad excitement. 

"Alright, I'll show yew the pizzas I have in here. And the drinks tew. It's the kitchen after all!" Bonnie lead and the lad followed, and you were dragged along. He came to a far corner of the kitchen, spying a variety of premade pizzas ready to be cooked.

"Shiiit my friends were right. This is awesome!" he proclaimed.

"Oh yes...But you should've stayed in school, buddy." Bonnie told him, accent dying away mid-sentence.

"Pfff! Why would I want to do THAT?" The kid kept scrutinizing different pizzas, Bonnie moving toward him with something gleaming in his hand.

"N O O O O !!" you were finally able to yell, but the actions carried on. The rabbit captured the kid's head and reeled him back, plunging a large carving knife into his neck.

"Because. You would've lived." the rabbit whispered in that infamous malevolent voice you were so used to receiving.

His victim reached for the rabbit's face, desperately trying to fight him off. Bonnie dragged him out the kitchen, and off you followed. 

Life was fading from the teen's eyes as he mouthed the first half of your name. His neck was a red fountain. Bonnie whisked him away to a part of the building you knew all too well. 

You were pulled to the scene and in the very Room that practically had your name on it. The rabbit was gone, teen slumped and lifeless in a corner.

This is when you noticed there were more strings; on your arms. You could feel them pull your bones as if they were as much a part of your anatomy as your other organs. The dim bulbs flipped on, displaying the dead boy in better lighting. 

The strings yanked you to the other side of the room, introducing the heads of several characters stacked neatly in a corner. Most were in pieces, but there was one Freddy head looking perfect and ready for a body. 

The strings commanded both your arms and you found yourself picking up the large Freddy head, unable to let go. You were dragged back to the lifeless body and your arms reached out in offering.

               What is this supposed to—

You were made to move forward, and your hands and fingers worked against every will in your physical nerves, sliding the Freddy head over the boy's own. You honestly expected the larger faux cranium to fit easily. But you had forgotten about its "mechanics" inside, all those wirings and hooks.

               Don't... 

You begged yourself not to, and your hands pushed down hard, forcing Freddy to devour the teen's head. You heard queasy noises of stiff bones crackling and succumbing as Freddy's head met the boy's shoulders inch by inch.

So badly you wanted to look away, but it seemed that more phantom strings had attached to your face as well. You couldn't look away ... 

The new topper was set perfectly. It all looked grotesque, straight from a kid's nightmare; Freddy's cheerful head on top of a dead body. A trail of red tears sweated out and trickled down those vibrant blue eyes.

You were finally able to screw your burning eyes shut. Light was glowing through your closed lids. You tore them back open to see the Fazbear band on stage, staring back as you were hanging in front of them once again.