Chapter Five

~

It’s been about a week since Louis last saw Harry. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t a bit scared that he hadn’t even gotten a single text message from the boy. He had called dozens of times, often leaving voice messages that consisted of, “please just tell me you’re okay.” or “…I’m scared you’re hurt.” After what he told Louis about what his mom does to him, he could only imagine the worst and it killed him.

He didn’t talk to Eleanor as much. Mostly because he felt like Eleanor would be the one to understand how much he wanted to help the younger boy. And because she was his teacher, so shouldn’t she want to help at least a little bit? Everyday he would ask her the same question when she walked in after class, “Was Harry there today?” and she would simply shake her head no. It took everything in him to not go to Harry’s house to check on him, but he knew that it would be too risky if his mum saw him. So he waited. And he hated it, he hated waiting for his phone to light up and for him to glance at it— just waiting for Harry to be lit up on his phone.

It was day 9 when that actually happened. Louis had been sleeping on the couch, where he usually slept ever since his whole ‘fight’ with Eleanor about Harry. They had a guestroom but he usually spent his day on the couch, so he would just fall asleep on the couch. It had been around 2:46AM and Louis was snuggling into the blanket that laid across his body. His eyes were closed but his mind was racing. Mostly about Harry.

It scared him how drawn he was to the boy. Not just because he was 18, but because he was Eleanor’s student. And because he was a boy. He was the first boy that had ever stuck into his mind before and it scared the hell out of him. The way that they stared at each other that time, and how pink and sweet his lips looked. The way that when you would catch his eye, you could basically stare straight into his soul. It was all so much for Louis. But he liked it. He actually loved the way that Harry made him feel so …excited and nervous. 

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a light buzz come from the coffee table next to him. He turned over and grabbed it, glancing at the screen. His vision was blurry with the tiredness he was was feeling, but he didn’t miss the name. Harry.

His heart raced because he knew what happened the last time that Harry had called at this time. His fingers shook as he answered the phone, “Hello?” He choked out.

There was a silence with just a heavy breathing, “..Hi.. L-Louis, could you please come pick me up….?” It was almost like the first time he called him asking Louis this exact question. Except Harry sounded like he was trying as hard as he could to not cry. 

"Where are you, Harry? I’m coming. Don’t move," Louis was already racing towards the door, not even putting on any shoes. He kept the phone pressed up to his ear.

"At the same park.." He breathed into the phone, "Please don’t hang up." He murmured quietly into the phone.

"I’m not going anywhere, promise. I’ll be there in about 10 minutes, maybe less." Louis said, driving. 

When he arrived, he didn’t see Harry right away. The phone on the other line was silent, like how it had been for the past few minutes. He knew Harry was still there, he could hear his soft breaths. He got out of his car and began to walk slowly through the park. He spotted a figure sitting on the bench. Their knees were pulled up and their face was hidden in them. Their arms were wrapped around their knees to keep them in place. They were holding a phone that was pressed up against their ear.

"Harry, I think I see you." Louis breathed, walking towards the figure on the bench.  The figure’s head snapped up and looked directly in Louis’ direction and he knew it was Harry. He pulled the phone away from his ear and hung up, putting in his pocket. He walked quickly towards him as Harry got up off the bench. He limped towards Louis in return.