Chapter TwentyTwo

Harry knew that John was coming over - he didn’t know when or what day. He knew that he was going to have to see him again. Eleanor had asked him if he could and he said that he was busy for a few days but he could soon. So, that meant Harry nervously awaiting for Louis to get a phone call from Eleanor and him having to tell him that he was going to see John again. The man who killed Aiden. He was honestly scared to death. He didn’t want to ever see him again, ever. And Louis knew that too, he always comforted him in every possible chance that he could. 

He and Louis had been sitting at the coffee shop for the past hour, neither of them really speaking. Harry just stared off into the distance, jumping a bit when Louis touched his hand. He glanced over and met Louis’ worried eyes.

"You alright, Haz?"

Harry shrugged, laying his head against the cold table. He closed his eyes, feeling Louis run his fingers through his curly hair. He loved when Louis did that. 

"This will all be over soon, don’t worry." Louis murmured quietly, taking a sip of his drink as he continued to massage Harry’s soft curls.

"And what if it isn’t?" Harry mumbled against the table.

"Well, then we can’t help that. We’ll be going to my mum’s house in about two weeks for Christmas, so.. if this is all still going on by then.. can we just act normal when we go to her house? I don’t want her to worry..” Louis said softly, watching the back of Harry’s head.

Harry sat up, looking Louis’ straight in the eye. A smile played on his lips, “Yes.” He breathed after a moment of silence. “What if she doesn’t like me though?”

Louis let out a laugh, “She already loves you just from talking on the phone with her for like two minutes. Don’t worry, she’ll love you even more when she meets you babe.”

"What about your sisters?" Harry asked.

"They’ll love you as well. At first they might be a bit shy, but they’ll warm up to you and probably expect you to let them perform makeovers on you. They’ll probably love your curly hair too, just warning you that they’ll want to play barber shop with you." He laughed softly.

Harry sat there and just watched Louis. His eyes went over every detail on Louis’ face, every freckle that was splattered across his nose and cheeks. He watched as Louis’ smile began to fade and he began to mimic Harry - watching him back as well. It was times like these when he wondered how could he be real? He was so sweet and so gorgeous. He wanted to pull his hair out - Louis was literally perfect in every way he could imagine. And Louis was thinking the same thing. After everything that Harry went through, how could he be sitting here with a stupid grin on his face and still look strong and happy. He went through things that Louis couldn’t even imagine himself going through. Harry’s lips lifted into a smile, licking his lips and coating them with spit. His dimples showed, causing Louis’ stomach to tighten. He began to chew on his bottom lip, watching as Harry broke the gaze shyly. His cheeks turned a soft pink color, “What?” He asked quietly.

"Nothing," Louis answered, "Just sitting over here drooling over how gorgeous my boyfriend is." He grinned, causing Harry’s cheeks to turn pinker.

"You called me your boyfriend," The smile on Harry’s face was wider than he’d ever seen before.

"Well, yeah.. I just thought you were—" Louis was beginning to turn a light shade of pink as well.

"I am. It’s just different to hear it coming from you. I don’t know," He laughed lightly blushing even harder. He leaned forward a bit, giving him another teethy grin. Louis reached out and cupped his cheek before planting a light kiss on his lips.