Chapter Four: The Isle of The Lost

*Persephone's Pov*

"Hades dinner!" I call for my husband. That's weird usually Hades always answers back. I get out of the kitchen and start to look for my husband. 

"Hades?" I called for him. I searched in the living room, not there. I went upstairs towards his studies, not there. "Hades? Love, where are you?" I start to call for him again. I went to Hesper's room, next to mine and Hade's room. I open the door, "Hades?" I asked. I chuckle a little at the sight I see. Hades holding Hesper, sleeping together on the rocking chair that my mom made for us. I chuckle a little, I have been blessed with an amazing family.

I quietly tip-toed towards Hades and Hesper. I tapped on his shoulder, and whispered: "Darling, wake up."

Hades yawned a little, and slowly opened his eyes. "Oh hi, my moon of my life." He smiled at me and kissed the tip of my nose.

I smile back, "Hello darling. Dinner is ready." I told him as I kneel next to him so I am at eye level.

"Thank you, Persephone. I hope I didn't get you waiting." He replied.

Hades pressed his forehead against mine, feeling his warmth against my skin. I smile a little and closed my eyes. I slowly feel his lips against mine, Hade's always gave me soft kisses. For the man who can be ruthless, is so soft for me and Hesper. If only other people this side of Hade's that I see.

Suddenly we hear a baby whine. We both separate from each other and see our daughter who is now awake smiling and laughing. We both smile at her, I leaned towards her and gave her a kiss on the head. I love her so much. I love Hades. I love the life that I chose. The both of them make me so happy, I can't imagine my life without them.

*doorbell rings*

"I'll get that Darling," I said to Hades. I started to stand up and patted my dress. I started to go downstairs. I went to the door, and opened it and saw King Beast and his men at my front door. I wonder why they are here?

"Hello, your majesty. How can I help you?" I asked politely.

King Beast looked down sadly and looked at me again. "Is Hade's home Persephone?" He asked.

I looked at him confused. "Yes, he is. Why? What's going on?" I asked apprehensively. I am starting to get worried now.

King Beast looked at me with sad eyes. "I'm sorry to sayㅡ" he began "that we taking Hades to The Isle of The Lost."

I looked at King Beast with shock. And I feel like my heart had dropped to the ground, and shattered.

*Hade's P.O.V*

I went downstairs, taking Hesper with me to see what is taking Persephone long. "Persephone? Who is at the door?" I asked. As I walk to the door I saw the King himself and his man at the door. And I know for a fact this is not good.

"Hello, King Beast." I greeted him. "Is there a problem?" I politely asked.

King looked at me and at my daughter than he looked at the ground and back at me. "Hades. I am so sorry. I tried my best to defend you, and so did Demeter, but it wasn't enough." The King said sadly. I think I know what he means.

I grabbed his shoulder, and squeezed it a little, "tell me B, it's okay" I told him softly as I let go of his shoulder.

"I am taking you and your daughter to The Isle of The Lost." He said to me with sad eyes.

I nodded my head sadly, and I turn to my wife. Tears start to stream down her beautiful face. One of the most painful things in the world is seeing the love of my life in pain and there is no way to fix it. I slowly pulled her in for a hug with an arm, as she cries into my chest. I gave her a kissed on the forehead, to calm her down a little.

"Your Highness, please don't take them away from me. Not my family please!!" Persephone pleads the King while balling her eyes out.

The King looked at my wife with empathy, I have never seen him this sad before. "I'm sorry Persephone. I tried my best to convince the others, but they wouldn't hear it." He explained.

I looked at King Beast with empathy as well, I can tell he didn't want to do this to me and Persephone. Considering that we both are married and have a child together. One of the things I know about Beast is that he hates hurting other people. He is a good king, but sometimes good isn't good enough.

"But you're the King. Don't you give the overrule?" Persephone asked. Desperately trying to find the way for me and Hesper stay.

The King nodded his head no. "I may be the King, but it isn't that easy Persephone." He explained.

"Than try harder!!" Persephone yelled. Oh no. Persephone being angry is not the greatest thing to see. Trust me. I'm the King of Death, and I am scared of her.

"Persephone. The moon of life, you need to calm down." I had her turn to me, and trying to calm down.

"But―"

"I believe that King Beast tried his best." I interrupted her. "But obviously he couldn't convince them, and I don't blame them for not trusting me." I continued.

"This is my fault, I made my choice, and now I must face the consequences." I leaned towards her, and put my forehead against hers. "I am so sorry Persephone." I apologized to her.

I turned to The King and said. "I will go and pack my things, but can at least say goodbye to my wife?"

King Beast nodded his head yes, "take the time you need." He said. I went up to pack mine and Hesper's things.

*Time skip to goodbye because author is too lazy*

I gave Persephone a big but sad hug and gave her one last kiss. This is the most painful experience in my life, and I've been in through a lot of pain.

"This is so unfair," Persephone said while crying.

"I know my Love, but we can't-do anything about it. But I promise you I will not let our daughter become like me, and I will tell her that you love her so much." I said.

Persephone started to cry again. I gave Persephone to hold Hesper one last time. Oh, dear fates, my daughter has grown up without her mother and my wife can't be with her family. I am not looking forward to what is going to happen.

As Persephone was saying goodbye to Hesper, she gave her to me and gave me one last kiss. We say goodbye one last time, the boat starts to float to The Isle and I start to cry. Knowing I will never see my beloved wife again, and my daughter has to grow up without her mother. But this is my fault, my past has come back and haunted me. Now my bad choices are not just going to affect me, but Hesper and Persephone. I just have to raise Hesper the best I can, but this time I am going to make sure she does not end up like me.