6 - Lunch

Sage, true to her word, finished up their project after school. There wasn't much left anyway, she only had to put their information into a powerpoint and add some pictures. Simple.

Leon didn't try to contact her about it or to say anything about what happened last night, which left her a little disappointed and relieved at the same time. She would have to apologize at some point though, it was her fault anyway. She was going to put it off for as long as possible first though. 

Leon didn't come to class the next day, thankfully, so Sage presented on her own. The teacher offered to postpone until Leon was back, but she declined. It was far easier this way since she didn't have to face him. 

He probably skipped out since he didn't want to deal with her, and she didn't want to force her presence on him like she had before.

Class went by slowly having to listen to so many presentations. Sage was thankful when she was released by the bell and rushed out so she could go home and nap as per usual.

The school was so hot today and Sage was in her usual sweater and leggings. Although winter was quickly approaching, the school had jumped the gun a little and was blasting the heat. It was suffocating. She was a sweaty mess and she couldn't even take off her sweater to cool off since she only ever wore a sports bra underneath. 

Too focused on her mission to get outside into the cool air, she wasn't prepared for the arm that reached out and grabbed her. Sage was pulled out of the main hallway into an empty classroom and was turned to face a serious looking Leon. 

He was gonna tell her off, she knew it. This wasn't the first time she'd been pulled away like this. It happened more than once at her old school. One thing she knew, was that she needed to fix this before things got worse.

Before he could say anything, Sage started apologizing, "I'm sorry Leon. I know I forced my friendship on you and I feel really bad about it. I should have noticed that you didn't want to be around me and I'm really sorry for making you feel uncomfortable," she blurted. 

Leon looked taken aback. 

"What the fuck are you talking about?" he asked.

Was she crazy? He was the one who completely freaked out on her and she was apologizing.

"I said I'm sorry for-"

"You're a fucking idiot Sage," he said bluntly.

"I know," she agreed, "I should have known that you didn't want to be my friend but-"

"Oh my god Sage, just shut up and listen to me," he cut her off again.

Sage shut her mouth immediately.

"I'm not mad at you and I don't hate you," Leon stated clearly, "I'm the one that's supposed to be apologizing. I'm the one who freaked out on you 'cause I'm a dick. If I didn't want to be around you, then I wouldn't, simple as that. So shut the fuck up with your apologies and let me say sorry to you instead of running away."

Sage's face held complete surprise. She had completely convinced herself that it was all her fault. She had zero confidence in her ability to make friends so she automatically assumed that she was the problem. And then she avoided him too, he must have thought it was the other way around. That she hated him

Sage started laughing like an idiot, "Oh my god, I can't believe I was so stupid!"

"Yeah, neither can I," Leon responded bluntly.

Sage just kept laughing. It was just like her to blow a situation like this out of proportion and blame it all on herself. Her dad was always telling her that she needed to have more confidence in herself. She was relieved that Leon didn't hate her after all, that she had made up the whole situation in her head.