Prologue

**IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END**

-1 Year Earlier-

The sand was soft and cool beneath our bodies as we laid there together, listening to the waves crash against the shore. I buried my head into Bennett's chest, inhaling his natural, woody scent and finding great comfort in it. This was it. This was all I needed in life.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked as he traced patterns on my back with his fingers. After a long day of swimming and him attempting to teach me how to surf, we were left sprawled out in nothing but our swim suits.

"I can't believe it's been three years," I said softly, only to hear a deep chuckle sound from his chest.

"Well, I hope today's activities were a proper enough celebration for you," he teased.

I smacked him playfully on the arm before propping myself up to look him in the eyes. His crystal blue orbs captivated me every time, even three years later. The way they contrasted with his golden skin and sandy hair was truly magical, and I truly didn't think I'd ever seen such a beautiful man before in my life. He was my everything – all I wanted, all I needed, all I could ever hope for and dream of.

"Today was perfect, Bennie," I assured him before leaning down to press a soft kiss on his lips.

Bennett wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me on top of him so that my legs were straddling his hips. The setting sun kept the sand and air around us cool, which I was thankful for with the heat between us growing at a rather fast rate. Our lips moved together in unison, seeming to mold together almost perfectly. I was thoroughly enjoying myself, getting lost in the desire radiating between myself and my chosen mate.

A few moments later, Bennett broke the kiss and simply stared into my eyes, seeming a bit troubled. I frowned slightly, wondering what could have possibly changed his mood so quickly.

"What's the matter?" I asked before giving him a quick peck on the tip of his nose.

Bennett sighed and shook his head, but I wasn't about to give up so easily. He was a very thoughtful man, and it was rather obvious when something was bothering him. He was so expressive that he couldn't hide it, especially from me, no matter how hard he tried.

"Tell me," I gently demanded, moving my arms up so that they were wrapped around his neck.

He closed his eyes for a moment as if to collect his thoughts before speaking, "I just worry that one day your mate will show up, and this will all come to an end. It hurts to think about it, you know? You're my everything, Skylar."

I felt my eyes water a bit, although this wasn't the first time Bennett had expressed such worries to me. I couldn't blame him, but at this point I found worrying about such things to be pointless. It'd been six years since I'd turned eighteen, and my so-called destined mate still hadn't made an appearance. I highly doubted that we would be stumbling across each other now, if he was even alive.

"I've told you before, it's not going to happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't matter. You're the only one for me, Bennie. I wouldn't want things any other way," I assured him with a small smile.

Bennett chuckled lightly and pressed a soft kiss to my forehead, "You say that now, but you've never experienced the mate bond, Skylar. I have, and it's powerful."

"Nothing could be more powerful than the bond between us," I said with a smirk before crashing my lips against his once more. There was no room for argument on this matter. Not today. Today, I simply wanted to enjoy my chosen mate.

Today, we celebrated our three-year anniversary – the very beginning of our forever.

Although this forever was something I was so sure of, the Moon Goddess had other plans.

SURPRISE number two for the day!!! I decided to post the Prologue for Luna Skylar SUPER early as a huge thank you to everyone who has read, voted, and commented on all of my stories! Please continue to do so - it means the world to me!

That being said, please keep in mind that Luna Skylar will NOT be updated until Luna Audrey is complete. This update is simply a thank you to everyone who has supported my works :) I'll continue to update Luna Lena and Luna Audrey as often as possible! 

xoxo -V