13 - So Many Battles, So Many Hounds To Be Healed

"So many battles, so many hounds to be healed." Billy Joel - Two Thousand Years (1993)

_____

"I'm sorry, Kale. I was drunk that night, how was I supposed to know?" I told him, looking down at the ground.

"Yes! You were drunk! What did you guys did after the big kiss, another big things, right?" He asked, not bothering to look at me.

"We didn't do anything after, nor did I remember. But we didn't. I know this wasn't like any of your imagination, but I do love you and I'll never leave you, Kale."

"Do you think I like it? No! Kale, all I see is you. I can't see him as something in me." I stopped, realizing that Steve was all I see. Steve was all I want. It was all different, and I don't know which feelings was love, the one that I felt with Kale or with Steve. Both makes me happy, but different kind of happiness. "Kale, would you just believe me?"

"I can't," he told me, leaving me feeling guilty on the hall.

I can feel two arms wrapped around me from behind, as I could see Steve there. "Just try and apologize again, he will let you in his life again." 

I groaned. "So many battles, so many hounds to be healed."

___

"Steve, can you tell me more of what we did that night at your house?" I questioned, earning a blank stare from Steve.

"Uh, yes. Maybe I can." He said, leaving his eyes at the ground. "We, slept together."

"What?" I practically shouted.

"No! I mean I slept on your side all night, not that we had sex. I'm sleeping on your side all night, okay." I sighed at what he meant, and that's mean I'm still a virgin. 

"Any other things?" I asked.

"Nope, I left you while you are still sleeping. But then you woke up a minute after." He exclaimed.

I went quiet for awhile, but decided to ask him that question I've been wondering all night. "How do you feel about our kiss?"

"Um, what?" He stared at me like I was crazy.

I repeated. "I mean how does it feels to you?" 

"You really want to know?" He asked, closing our distance.

"Yes." I stated.

"Seriously?" He asked again.

I groaned. "Oh god, Steve! Just answer that-"

He cut me off with crashing his lips to mine as my eyes grew wide, I closed it, placing my hands behind his neck, pulling him closer to me. I laid on my bed, completely forgetting what are we doing here for the first time. His eyes was closed and his hands are on my neck, moving his lips in sync. I moaned, his body was heavier than I thought.

"Steve," I mumbled to his mouth. He still moves his mouth and body to mine. "I-I-I know how it feels." I muttered, still my lips on his.

"Does it feels good?" He asked, getting harder and harder at every kiss he gave me.

"Yeah," I groaned, and at the moment I don't want him to let go, but he pulled away. His eyes was on mine, still staring at it.

"Love is you, you and me." He whispered. 

I stayed in silent, but he stood up, sitting on the corner of the bed. I heard him sighed.

"You know, I guess I feel the same about you." I muttered.

"What do you mean?" He asked, staring at me confused.

"The kiss, it was wonderful." I said, as I could see he formed a smirk on his mouth. 

His voice getting softer. "That's what I feel, I want you to feel the same."

"You felt the same?" I asked him, feeling stupid after.

He nodded.

I laughed. "How can I asked that, it is obvious." I stare at his beautiful pink lips and licked mine. 

"I can assume you wanted more." He stated, staring at me cockily.

"No, I-" I cut myself off and crashed mine into his anyway. His kiss was all soft and I wanted more and more after. It keeps me loved, keeps me in love all the time. Keeps me feeling safe. It was different than the kiss Kale and I did. It was soft and gentle, but this was softer. 

I pulled away, leaving him laying on my bed as I lay beside him. "I really like it." I said.  "So, we're still friends?" I asked him.

"Of course we are, about the kiss, it was nothing. We are friends and you should like it nor it was right or wrong." He declared, making me feeling a little bit sad.

I know he couldn't say he's in love with me, but sure he's not in love with me. I was just too stupid to think he could like me, yes, he's my best friend and he couldn't even like me.

"Have you ever thought about-" I stopped my words, I shouldn't even thought about that.

"What?" He asked.

"Just forget it, okay." I told him, earning a confused stare from him. Ah, I really want to kiss him again. It's beautiful, the feelings I got when I placed my lips on his.

"So, let me help you stack those vinyls. You have too many," he declared, taking some more vinyls out of the boxes.

"Ah, of course I do. It's my hobby, and looking at their pictures was just amazing, you know. For example, this one." I showed him the Walls and Bridges album by John Lennon. "I like the pictures the used for the cover, it was just cute." Steve stood up, getting something from my table. My sunglasses. At once, he wore it all and sticking his tongue at me.

I laughed. "You're cute, you know. But I think you're the Paul, not John." I told him, giving the Give My Regards To Broad Street album.

"Well, you're this." He showed me the True Blue album by Madonna. 

"True Blue? I don't think I am." I grabbed the Devil's Got a New Disguise album and place it in front of me. "How's this?" I asked, earning a laugh from him. 

"Well, you have plenty albums." He stated, checking out the Pot Luck album. "Elvis too?"

"Yeah," I laughed.

"You're the number one music lover, I guess." He stated, looking out at the vinyls I placed neatly everywhere. "Look at this place, you have everything you like about music, seriously."

"But I don't have those instrument you own." I stated.

"Hey, I have an idea! Why don't we make my house a place for us?"

I stared at him in shock, not knowing what to say.

_____