1#Our bonding

Ben was not only my friend and a nearest neighbour, but someone I shared my childhood with - fought like dogs at times, but a trust of loyalty and faithfulness runs in our own blood .
We were equals in strength and ideas but ironically he stopped schooling early as he disliked the three kilometers walk every morning to the nearest government school and the next few hours of sitting and wondering what his proxy rural school master is lazily teaching.
The boredom doesn't stop here,as he is obliged to run to the jungles right after class to collect a bag full of tender buds and leaves to use as a fodder for their big domestic pigs .
And I hung my head in shame, to think that all this inevitable irony happens due to the so called poverty of the rural and most neglected areas in the remotest corners of our country India ,which was contradict to the advancing world of science and technology.

Fortunate for me ,I studied in nearby town with dad managing with all his efforts .
As we grow older -distance grew between us, not until our reunions every vacations for picnic adventures to some dark and unknown jungles for trekking,fishing,hunting,climbing etc.
I remember his brave quote murmured once under a bright moonlight, as we were drinking black tea near our camp.
"John...! I can't deny, sometimes happiness lies in dangerous struggles"
I smiled and nodded as the fire burns with sounds of happiness and the owl hoot from the nearby mountains.

Over the years our friendship was strongly build in a solid rock and we both believed that our ship will sail forever ,even against the very odds of nature itself,never will death,distance and sickness separate us.
And then ...