Chapter 9.5: A Mother's Love

"Are you sure you’re alright?" Ma asked. She was standing in front of my bedroom door "It’s been three days since you detach yourself in the outside world. Mr. Higel called me, there are lots of works in the office and you missed the shooting."

I stay silent in my bed. Just lying here for three days after the big break up scene, I do eat when I’m hungry and bathed. Not totally detached in the world but never seen the outside world... for three days.

"Andy?"

"This is ridiculous." I said silently as I looked at ma "I seen the same scene 17 years ago, but this time it's me and Cass. The time mom cheated on you and left with uncle Drei. I'm repeating the history. "

"Then you should choose… choose who really you want, who you really love"

I looked at ma.  "I confessed my sins to Cass. I confessed it because I love her, because I don’t want any secrets between us, because I don’t want to lose her. I want to be loyal to her, but it turns out that she hated me for my loyalty."

"She never hated you for your loyalty. She hated you for breaking her trust." She looked at me "I’ll give you one good advice, if you love her, don’t give up and when she says you leave, DON’T because it’s painful"

"Thank you ma."

I knocked on Gary’s apartment. A few minutes the door opens, it's Clea on the front door. "What do you want?"

"Is Gary there?" I asked

She raised her eyebrows. "I really hate you for doing that to Cass" she said and sighs "But then, I know you need someone to talk too." she looked back "Gary! Andy's here looking for you!" she called and looked at me again.

"Hey" Gary said as he saw me

"There will be a company party this Saturday, so will you two come?" I asked and handled them the invitation

"Sure" Gary took it

"And you mind we go for a drink?" I asked

Gary looked at Clea

"Alright, I'll just see you tomorrow" Clea said "And you" she looked at me "You missed the shoot. Just apologize" she said and walks away.

Gary smiled "She's rude but she also do care for people close to her"

"Yeah. It's nice you have her. Let's go?"

"Alright"

We went to a bar a few blocks away for a drink,

"You are not thinking like a man" Gary said

"What do you mean?" I asked as I took a drink

"You should have not admitted your cheating"

"I love her that's why I did it"

"And it broke her trust that's why you're here"

"Well I'm not a man"

"Then do what Clea said, apologize"

"If it was that easy"

"What did you do it at the first place? Why did you slept with someone?"

"It's because I also like her"

"You like her? You have feelings for her?"

I paused for a while. "I don’t know"

"Well, if you’re looking for an advice for me, you should think first of what you really want, what you really feel. You should think as a man because we know the difference between true love and lust"