Chapter 10: Sacrifice - Love means giving everything

"You're resigning?" Mr. Higel said. He looked at me "Good, you can focus on your acting"

"For one condition" I said "You wouldn't let this company down"

"I'll think about that"

"Mr. Higel!"

He smiled "Of course I will. You should just apologize to her. I know she understands"

I smiled. "If I still have the guts"

"You have. You always have"

Friday evening at the dinner,

"I heard you're resigning" Ma said

"I need to. It's the best way to let go"

"So you're choosing Cass"

"No, I'm not still choosing anyone." I said "Back then, when I need to choose between Cass and Gary, I know for myself that I love Cass. I'm just using Gary to set what I like then, a heterosexual life but I realize what I am. And I know Gary is strong to face the truth. Now I'm caught with two woman. It's right not to choose between them rather than to hurt them."

"Andy. You're sacrificing your love."

"I need too, they're both weak."

"If it is that you want."

"Don't forget the party tomorrow."

"I know"

"Speaking of it, our new client knew you"

"Really"

"He said, he's your best friend back in College. It's you that he agreed to us"

"What's his name?"

"Warren Sawyer"

Then there was silence. She looked at me.

"Ma? Is there anything wrong?"

"No, nothing. We should finish eating, I have something to do."

"Alright"

After the dinner, I went home but something bothers ma. She took her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello" the other line answered

"Sash, it's me"

"What's the matter?"

"Warren. He's back"

"What?"

"How did you know?"

"Andy told me. He's their new client. Thank God, Andy's resigning. I don't want her to get involved with him."

"Are you alright? He'll be there tomorrow. Are you going?"

"I just confirmed to her. You should come"

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."

Saturday, before the party,

"You want to see me?" I asked Olivia

She took out my resignation and gave it back. "The company needs you more than me"

"Olivia?"

"Mom's doing fine. She's regaining. In a matter of time, she'll be back. By then, I'll be out of this place, out of your life. You don't need to go Andy."

"Olivia, I already made up my mind"

"No, you don't. I love you Andy that's why I'm doing this for you. I'm the one who ruined everything, I'm the one who need to let go. I'm the one who needs to sacrifice."