Chapter 13: Stormy Seas

Barbossa and Victoria stared at the large storm that was right in between them and Singapore.

"We could go around." Victoria suggested, looking at the angry skies.

"Aye, but if the wind changes..." Barbossa reminded her warily.

The pair went silent as they felt the wind on their skin and read it's direction. "We couldn't make it through in the Pearl, a storm like that would tear us apart, but if the wind changes we may not have a choice." Victoria read turning to Barbossa. "What is your suggestion?"

The old man was silent for a moment. "Going around is better than going through."

Victoria nodded and walked up to where Cotton stood at the helm. "Take her northeast five points."

Gibbs joined Victoria on the quarter deck with a worried look on his face. "Captain, if the storm shifts even a bit..."

Victoria ran her hand over her face. "I know the risks Mister Gibbs, however we can't afford to waste any more supplies waiting here."

Gibbs nodded as he looked at the horizon. "It is a hard decision." He admitted looking over at the Captain who was pale from lack of sleep and becoming thin from lack of food. "One made out of desperation?" He inquired.

Victoria snorted and nodded. "We need supplies, a better ship, more crew members, and..." she broke off.

"And Jack." Gibbs finished.

"Aye." Victoria murmured softly. She then looked around. "Mister Gibbs my cabin please." Ordered walking down and into her room. Gibbs followed cautiously. "Before Jack... before the Kraken, Jack had made me his successor." Victoria confessed.

The old sailor's eyes widened. "But then..."

"Then the Brethren Court is full and we have no need to get Jack except for two reasons. One, he is Jack Sparrow, if we want any hope at beating Beckett we need him. Two..."

"You need him." Gibbs nodded in understanding.

"Yes, I unfortunately need him." Victoria sighed.

Gibbs opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Will bursting through the door, Elizabeth on his heels. "Why are we not heading for the nearest port? There is a storm ahead!" Will shouted.

Elizabeth was silent, as she had been for a few days now.

"Because we need to get to Singapore without delay, she won't last for us to turn back now." Victoria explained stiffly to the two.

"Victoria, I know that you love him but we aren't-" Elizabeth started to complain.

The Captain's head snapped up. "There is more than one reason for this expedition, do not be so naive to think otherwise. No matter who it was, I wouldn't waste supplies and my ship to go and retrieve you from the locker if there wasn't a better reason than... than stirrings."

Elizabeth, Will, and Gibbs furrowed their eyebrows. "Stirrings?"

Victoria paused for a moment. "Stirrings."

"What are stirrings?" Elizabeth inquired, looking between the members of the group.

"You know like you two," Victoria gestured at their clasped hands, "stirrings."

"You mean feelings, like love, romance, the tingly feeling you get-"

"We get the point William. The point is I am not Juliet and he is no Romeo, we are just two people who enjoy eachothers company when we have it but can live on without it." Victoria explained. 

Then she continued, straightening her back as her eyes became as cold as ice. "Now, so long as you are under my command a few things will be made clear. I am in charge, not you and I absolutely do not condone the pair of you barging into my quarters without knocking on my door that I built and question my orders while I am having a meeting with my second mate." She stated with narrowed eyes. "You were allowed liberties on Jack's ship that will not be carried over to here. First and foremost I am the Captain and you are not, nor are you in any position to question my orders. You are a deckhand and a guest, so unless I feel the need to clue you in on my reasonings you will remain in tje dark and I will not have you question me or pull such privilages in front of my crew again. Am I clear?"

The pair nodded.

Victoria grinned happily. "Great, then we don't have an issue. William stay. Elizabeth and Gibbs, you are dismissed."

The pair left, leacing Will and Victoria alone. "I haven't gotten the chance to ask recently but how are you holding up? Despite his quirks Jack was your commrade. That sort of thing forms a strong bond that is hard to break." Victoria asked as she poured twp glasses of wine, holding one out to Will.

The blacksmith sipped the wine.

"I'm fine." He stated shortly.

"Is that so. Odd, I could have sworn that you've been more testy recently. Do you and Elizabeth need your own quarters to work some relieves out?" Victoria asked point blank.

Will choked. "No! No, definitely not- I'm just frustrated at her-" he cut off suddenly and with wide eyes.

"What is it William?" Victoria asked, leaning forward with narrowed eyes.

Will shook his head rappidly. "Nothing!"

"You're lying. What is it? Does it have to do with Jack? Is that why you are angry with him too?" Victoria interrogated.

Will stayed silent.

Setting the cup of wine on the table, she moved to Will and leaned in to whisper in his ear. "Silence speaks louder than words do." Her tone then rapidly changed to a hiss. "Dismissed."

One humorous part was that she had never seen a man run so fast.

They should have been passing alongside the storm however it seemed fate was not so kind.

There was a wind changed, as they had feared, throwinf the crew in the middle of it.

"Captain! What are your orders?" Gibbs shouted.

"Into the lifeboat! Abandon ship." Victoria ordered, desperate to save the crew.

They all all looked up in horror as a massive wave came bearing straight towards them.

Lightning flashed.