Chapter 36

I walk inside as arrogantly, superiorly and flirty at the same time as I can. I wave at the Spanish "casting directors" sitting in front of me so artificially that I have a feeling I've turned into a china doll in a single moment. I stop in the middle of the room and let out the sweetest and most false-but-believable cry. – Hey, guys!

I act as idiotically and over-positively as Leeroy does (aka Liam Payne) in the One Direction "Best Song Ever" music video. The moment he shows up there, he says this phrase "Hi, boys!" with an identic voice intonation as I've said my "Hey, guys!" with. And then I have this fantastic idea...

- Hello! – Magdalena answers.

The moment I start saying my lines, which I've made up just a second ago, I imagine myself being Leeroy the Choreographer. – Okay, so here's what I'm thinking about myself as Juliet. My first role is gonna be really big and I'm gonna be PER-FECT. I pronounce the word exactly how Leeroy does it. – I'm perfect already, but you just don't know that yet. However, you'll find it out very soon. – This time I don't pretend to be Leeroy. This phrase sounds just like Christian.

- You can start. – Seems Magdalena is the only one talking here.

I talk as stiltedly and utterly unprofessionally, gesturing the way I've never done it before. – O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? – I almost faint from the "heart ache".

I'm waiting for the Croatian guy to open the door for Agnes. I stand there with my hands on my heart and head tilted backwards, as if suffering from pain, for three more seconds. And then I understand I have to do something, because the guy has forgotten what I asked him!

Thank God I have a soul of a poet. I don't know the play by heart, but I come up with my own lines. – Neither the sun, the moon, nor the stars will bring you to me. / I'll always remain alone here, alone for eternity. – What a depressed Juliet!

Well, this is some kind of crap! When is the guy opening the door? Maybe I should pretend I've forgotten the lines of the play? I'm already acting like an idiot, so it might suit my character.

No. Perhaps we can make another double of this scene? That would definitely be the best thing to do. Please, Norbert!

- She had to come in now... - I say in my normal voice and look pleading at Norbert, who's standing on the left with the camera and filming this horrible disaster of mine.

All of a sudden the Croatian boy opens the door and Agnes sweeps in.

This is bad. It means Norbert won't shoot the scene again. I have to come up with an explanation of my words. – I knew you'd come, but you won't get the role! – I shout at Agnes and for a moment I think she doesn't understand a single thing I'm doing right now.

However, the girl is good at improvising. – Oh yeah!? I'm way better than you are! From now on I'm in charge here!

- Who do think you are to compete with me!? – I'm so into my role that even Greta would be impressed to see me like this.

- I'm... I'm... - What's wrong? Agnes is stammering as if she's forgotten everything in the world. Then she makes a really smart face, turns to the "casting directors" and says with a wide grin and huge relief. – I'm GLORIA!

Agnes says the name with such pride and greatness that I'm the one now who has to stammer. What should I say...? – Gloria what? In excelsis deo!? Hah! Dear... GIRLY, be nice and let real actors do their job...