Chapter 1

The alarms had been activated in the whole building, their sound loud and aggressive, were increasing the mess and chaos of the moment. Scientists were running all across the hallways, their long white vests flying behind them as the panic started to settle down. 

A black haired guy walked into the hallway of the main building, walking angrily, a team of scientist by his sides, and if looks could kill, there would have been dead bodies all over the place by now. 

"Lock every goddamn door, right now !" he shouted, the nearest scientist obeyed and pushed on the big red security button, following his orders. 

"How is it possible?" he continued, talking to no one and everyone at the same time "You let him escape? You're all nothing but a bunch of  incompetents! Useless. There was a team of 10 men, 10 fucking men watching over him, how did that happen?" 

 A tall man with glasses was holding files against his chest, fear was all over his face as he dared to look at his boss.

"I-I'm sorry Mr. Mccracken, we couldn't control him, he used his abilities against us for the first time, i-it never happened before. Our men have been electrocuted and the power went down in the entire B-Wing." 

The director McCracken stopped in the middle of the white hallway and exhaled deeply "I don't think you understand the situation here, we can not lose him. If someone find him and discover what was going on in this building..." He closed his eyes and clenched his fits, clearly starting to lose control and patience. "We're screwed. We're so screwed." 

"Sir-" 

"Shut up. You... Do whatever it takes." He looked around, put his fingers in his mouth and whistled loudly. All the scientists stopped and looked at him, waiting for his instructions. 

 "Find the boy." He yelled, and everyone started to run again in every direction.

------------------

Frank was sitting lazily on the couch, the remote in the right hand and a soda in the other one. His tired eyes were on the TV screen, and he sighed as he continued to channel surf, looking for something decently good to watch. But as usual, he couldn't find anything.

His step-sister walked into the room and crashed on the other extremity of the sofa, she tried to take the remote from him but Frank moved his hand, putting the remote out of reach 

She rolled her eyes and put her legendary bitch-face on. "Frank, give it to me."

"Eat me." he replied nonchalantly while resting his eyes on the TV in front of him

"Why are you such an asshole?" she complained while shaking her head, as if, after two years of living together, she still couldn't believe it. 

Her father, Bill, had married Frank's mother and they both had moved in with Frank and his mom, to Frank's biggest regret. The guy wasn't that bad, he wasn't a total jerk, or abusive or nothing like that, but Frank was far from being his biggest fan, in fact, he couldn't stand him. He was just so...plain?stupid?ignorant? He was always trying to get Frank to like him, or at least tolerate him, always being overly nice and interested, asking too much question, smiling stupidly, cracking bad jokes, he was just trying too hard, and Frank hated that kind of people. As for his daughter, Jess, she was just an egocentric typical daddy's girl, and Frank hated her with all his soul. It was a mutual thing tho. 

"Why are you so utterly boring?" he snapped back "The simple fact of hearing your voice makes me want to fall asleep, and that's not a compliment." Frank replied without even looking at her.