01| The Day Of Change

CHAPTER ONE

THE DAY OF CHANGE

THE DAY OF CHANGE

In a town like Hemlock Grove, it seemed impossible to live life the way you want to without being judged. But the reputation of Juniper Young had been ruined years ago, making her unbothered by all of the rude remarks the girl heard every time she'd enter a room.

It all started when Amelia and James Young tragically died. People called their deaths as one of the most mysterious in town. The bodies were found gruesomely ripped apart by what seemed like an animal. Their older daughter, Josette, was eleven at the time. The girl knew exactly why her parents were killed, fearing that she'd be next. Her younger sister, Juniper, was only three years of age back then. Josette knew she had to take the responsibility of raising the young raven haired girl. But the one thing she found the hardest, was to keep the truth from her sister all these years as she grew up.

Amelia might have been an incredible mother, but she was a terrible heartless person to everybody else, except the infamous Olivia Godfrey. However, just because the two mothers were close friends, did not mean that their children were. The opposite, actually. Roman Godfrey hated Juniper Young's guts about as much as she hated his. The people of Hemlock Grove thought the two would become partners, or friends at least, considering the similarities in their personalities. But those who thought so were awfully wrong.

However, the reason for their disliking of one another was unknown. It was either the fact that everybody blamed Olivia Godfrey for Amelia's death, making Juniper wonder if the elder woman actually did it, or maybe it was the fact that the raven haired girl tried to be better than Roman in everything, no matter what. She always tried to throw better parties, always tried to be more graceful than him. There was also one time when the blond boy tried to "seduce" the girl as he usually did by looking her straight in the eyes, to which the young girl responded with a middle finger and a hard slap across his cheek. His nose didn't bleed that time, which was surprising for Roman, but not his mother, who seemed to have all the answers about the leftovers of the Young family.

"You seem awfully quiet today," Juniper snapped out of her thoughts, abruptly slamming the door of her locker as the voice of her friend caught the girl by surprise.

"Lighten up, Juni." Bethany Fey exclaimed as she wrapped her arm around the raven haired girl's neck. Bethany was a petite brunette who was the "mom" friend of the group. She was tiny, but fierce.

On the other hand, Juniper's other friend, Cece Moore, was the gorgeous intelligent daughter of a well-known man. People would be lying if they said they weren't afraid of the girl. The girl simply had a certain aura around her that made people tremble with fear as she towered over them.

STRANGE WAYS | Roman GodfreyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara