Third Person

Chapter Twenty Four

Liam's talk with his dad came sooner than what he thought it would. He regretted telling his mother about his marriage. But Karen wasn't stupid, she knew something happened between the two when Liam moved back in their home.

Liam should've known his mother wouldn't believe his lie which was Zayn left town for awhile so he didn't want to be home alone for so long.

One day Karen barged into Liam's room and sweet talked him into explaining what happened.

Liam had Karen pinky promise not to tell Geoff about his situation but Karen had her fingers crossed behind her back.

Now Liam was sat across from his dad who was giving him a blank stare. And Liam knew better than to ask him why he is looking at him the way he is.

Liam shakes his head. "I don't see why I need to be engaged. I can do perfectly fine on my own ."

"Everyone needs that extra help. That certain someone making sure they're on their toes . "

"I don't need someone watching my every move waiting for me to mess up ! That's not why you're supposed to marry someone ." Liam says getting slightly angry with his father and the Payne tradition.

"But that's why Payne's marry someone . We're not like everyone else. Our love lives don't happen because of love and you know that ."

"I also know right from wrong and this stupid Payne tradition is wrong . I'm not going to continue it... Tell Lesley to take over ."

"Lesley already has a good business going for him. He's not going to drop his business for my company ."

"I'll take over the family business but I'm not continuing the Payne tradition ." Liam says starting to feel bad. He knew his father's company meant everything to him.

Geoff nods. "I can live with that. "

Harry and Liam knew what happened but they chose not to say anything knowing Louis wouldn't want to talk about it.

Austin, Louis' dad, doesn't like when Louis comes in the house at late times especially when he's having a bad day. Telling from the dark bag under Louis eye Austin had a bad day yesterday and didn't like the fact that Louis came in at 2 in the morning.

"I don't understand why you won't go live with your real mom ." Harry says once they had entered the empty classroom.

"My biological mother lives in California. " Louis says simply.

"And ?"

"I don't know anyone in California and I don't want to go there ."

"Maybe if you socialize with people you'll make friends ."

"You're one to talk Styles. You're father doesn't give a fuck about you ." Louis says getting irritated.

"Please don't start. " Liam groans in annoyance already knowing where their conversation was headed.

"I would rather have my father not care about me than beat the shit out of me every other day. " Harry says ignoring Liam. He needed Louis to see how wrong his father is for beating him.