Chapter 3: Shadows can joke?

15 years later

~Hiccup

I did remember falling asleep, nope, thats a lie. I felt my body jerk sideways as I woke, then I felt weightless thats probably not supposed to happen, but before I could think it anything of it, the air was knocked out of me and a searing pain crawled its way up left side.

What a pleasent way to wake up in the morning, I looked up to see the small the icepick that I had once been asleep on. Well joy

"Well...well, looky,looky, King Hiccup...you've got yourself in a bit of a tizz haven't you"

I whipped my head around to face the joking voice, but was suprised to see Garett, the shadows messenger.

"You guys can joke?" I blurted

He nodded " Well what do you expect I mean, seriously KH (nickname for hiccup among the shadow kingdom, another way of saying King Hiccup)
You've been training with us for two years and you have never heard one of us joke thats just sad, also have you been lacking in training, you should have the reflexes to stop yourself fall of an icepick you idiot"

"Well thankyou, very much for those much needed words of wisdom, what do you need?" I asked

"Oh..yeah that your presence is requested by the Bewilderbeast, oh and put your crown on or I'll tell toothless" he threatened

Okay my options are 1. Wear my uncomfortable crown and not face toothlesses mother attitude wrath or 2. Not wear my crown and, okay you know what crown sounds like a good Idea

I twiched my wrist and my dark shadowy, nuisance of a crown appeared on my head, and just for the dramtics I stomped my way to the Bewilderbeast, grumbling about unfairness.

A lot has changed ever since I got taken by the shadows, I was bombarded with a lot of weird stuff that day, but its been two years now and I've been training to handle what I am, the shadow king scariest by far, I mean how was I at age five supposed to rule over the whole relm of shadows? But after training with the shadows for 15 years, I could finally wield my powers.

The shadows are extremely skilled in the way of combat, no one has ever been known to defeat a member of the shadow clan, they are able to take solid form and walk around on the human world although it drains them severly of energy so the tend to stay close to the entrances of the shadow relm which suprisingly are an everyday shadow you see in a dark corner. They are able to teleport them selves across the shadow relm which is the most amazing place its completely in the dark with only a small bit of fire to light up important places. I love it everybody is so nice and kind towards you and would help you at the drop of an axe.

Then there's Dragon Prince, I was completely at home with the dragon's on the first day, everybody wanted to meet me and I joined in with everything, I learnt how to weild my powers although they are harder that the shadows which tend to come easier to me, I learnt that I have a nightfury side which is amazing because I always wondered what it would be like to fly, and its awesome, then theres the day that I met my best friend and brother it was my birthday and I was turning six and then suddenly,  bam! A new dragon entered the nest and it was a night fury the unholy offspring of lightning and death its self, in other words my brother, we got along like we had known each other for years, he didnt have a name so Toothless was the first thing that came to mind....

"Ouch" I was cut out of my thoughts,  seriously what is it with me hurting myself today!

By the looks of things I have run into the very sturdy wall of Toothless.

"Hi, and nope you don't have to scold me I have my crown on" I said before he could say anything

Now let me just say Toothless is like an overprotective mother, he has this thing I like to call mother mode where he goes all bossy, but hey what would I do without him?

"Well then Mr. Perfection I was going to say hi"  he stated

"HI!" I yelled giving him a hug

"Prince I must talk to you, turn around you 20 year old bundle of energy" spoke the gruff voice of the Bewilderbeast.

"Hey sir, whats up?" I asked

"Hiccup you must return to berk"...

oOo

Hey everyone, guess whos back!
I know, I'm so mean, but let me tell you I am so sorry I kinda just forgot about my books (oopsy) but I have returned, so its all good I hope you like that chapter and just letting you know I am going to be doing a huge edit on Dragon Prince, and Shadows but I will make sure to update soon.

Now I have never had an updating schedule and probably won't but if you really want me to I will have a think about it!

Love you all

-toothless_soph out!