ch.53

I lied again. I seriously thought this would be the finale, but I wanted to add a small, cute scene and now the chapter is pretty long, so I decided to just have the finale scene be in ch.54. Sorry for all the confusion. I know exactly where I wanna end the book, but I suck at predicting how many chapters it will take until all those scenes are written out.

-Mariam Xx

*************************************************************

I stared at Niall and his damned glittering blue eyes. He has always seemed so kind, so bubbly and gently, but the little fucker knew his shit. He saw me and Angie, Angie and me. Fuck, you get what I mean. But what did he see? Was he...watching? Or did he see us briefly?

I supressed the urge to grab Niall by his collar and demand to know what exactly he saw and whether he would spilll the beans to Danny. 

Niall turned away.

"Wait," I called. "Are you gonna--"

"I'm not going to tell him," he reassured us, taking a step closer to me. "But he's gonna find out, so I suggest you come clean or go home," he advised. I tried not to roll my eyes. Of course he was gonna get all Dr. Phil slash Mother Theresa on me. 

I turned to Angie. She was holding her breath, eyes wide with terror. I wanted to take her hand, to help her relax, but that wold only perpetuate the ideas Niall already had about Angie and I.

Niall smirked as he took a bag of chips from the counter and sat back down on the couch. A part of me already knew Niall was aware I had feelings for Angela. The real question was how long has he known and will he really keep his mouth shut?

As he sat back down, Danny stood up, glancing at Angie and I. Angela rushed to check on the pot of pasta and smiled nervously. 

"D-dinner's ready," she smiled.

"Sounds great," Danny nodded and headed to the dinning room.  Tony stared at the T.V., cursing at it as the Giants failed to get a touchdown because of an interception. He rolled his eyes and walked to the table with the rest of us.

I sat down slowly, opposite to Angie. My instinct was to sit beside her, but given the way Niall was smirking, I was too preoccupied thinking about ways to choke him. He was having way too much fun sitting there so casually, smiling. He knew my biggest secret and that made him powerful, so fucking powerful. If he even let a single hint slip, I'll clobber his jaw so he won't speak again.

I took a bit of the toasted bread. Why would I hurt Niall, my best friend, who hasn't done anything but be receptive. I was the one that wasn't careful. Honestly, if I was gonna do anything, I should have taken Angie to her room. Or at least checked the fucking windows. Jeez, I'm an idiot.

Angela dabbed her napkin against her lips, even though all she had eaten so far was a few pieces of bread and some salad. She was nervous about what Niall would say, but there was something else to it, something that happened earlier today or yesterday, I'm not sure. But she was more antsy than usual. I think I've helped her quite a bit, loosened her up, but she's still so timid. I wanted her to be fully comfortable with me, but seeing that our relationship has been characterized by a series of sneaky make out sessions here and there, who knows how long it will take for Angela to be totally relaxed with me. 

Thankfully, dinner wasn't an awkward silence. Danny told us about his drawings and designs for the new elementary school his construction company is builing over the summer. It sounds elaborate and I'm happy for him, but there's this nagging sensation in my chest, like I have to speak up before my subconscious blurts things out when I'm drunk or asleep.