Chapter 18

August 29, 2017
Tampa, FL

Joe and I get out of the cab to see Galina at our front door step.

"What the fuck?" she says.

"I know."

"What THE fuck?"

"I know."

"What in the actual fuck?!"

"I know. I know." The three of us go into the house and drop our bags.

"Did you—"

"No. I didn't tell him to say that." I say.

"So what happens now?"

"Now I go back on the road and Malaika stays home." Joe says.

"You got suspended?!"

"No. I'm taking a leave of absence. I can't be near him Galina." She nods in agreement.

"So I'm guessing he's cut off."

"Oh yeah."

"And Nikki?" I shrug. "Shit. This has all turned to shit." she flops down on the couch. "Joelle wanted to tear her room apart she was so mad."

"Today was her first day back wasn't it?" Joe asks.

"Yep." She pulls out her phone. "You know this already hit online right?"

"Seriously? It just happened. Did you read it?" she shakes her head.

"I wanted to wait for you guys."

"Read it." Joe says.

"WWE Superstar Indira has decided to take a leave of absence. During a very heated promo between Roman Reigns and John Cena, our sources tell us Cena went off script and brought up that Malaika was going to file for divorce against Reigns last year. This in turn set off a very firey reaction from the female Superstar. While backstage, COO Stephanie McMahon suggested Indira take a leave of absence, which will take her off the road until the Raw exclusive PayPer View No Mercy where Reigns and Cena will square off. No Mercy will premiere Sunday September 24 from Los Angeles, California at 8 o'clock eastern standard time." She puts down her phone.  "At least they don't know why."

"Yet." I shoot. "These people will keep digging until they find out why."

"But you didn't actually file." Galina says. "So there's no record of anything."

"But the whole Battleground situation..." Joe says.

"Steph and Hunter told me that if anyone said anything about it, that they and Vince would deal with them. So hopefully people will stay quiet until this blows over. Which it will."

"I mean it could be worse..." Galina says. "It could have been a sex tape." The three of us look at each other before laughing.

You can look but you can't touch

"Fuck me..."

You keep dreaming on the stars above

"You have to answer it eventually." Joe says. I look at my phone

Something in your eyes let's me see right through you.

There's no mystery, what's on your mind

I sigh and answer the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Hey Malaika."

"Hey." I say back.

"I'm really sorry." I really wish people would stop apologizing. It's really, REALLY irritating. "He feels terrible."