The end

A/n:
Happy halloween!!! <3
Scared ya!
I previously came to a writers block, but after a few dreams and contemplating on what I could write, I decided to start over! The story's going to be a lot more serious this time round
So this is what this chapter is please enjoy!

Tapping furiously at the computer, I stared up at the glowing white screen. My mind wondered again; to where I could be, it was frustrating to be stuck in this cubicle and working overtime to be able to pay my monthly rent.
The tapping of the keys melded into my mind, eradicating all previous thoughts.
I sighed as I looked up at the clock;19.52 good, only eighteen more minutes until my shift ended.
I turned back to my screen releasing another sigh- I wonder if anyone else who works here feels this way.
There was soft clicking, not the usual and constant tapping of keyboards- this was different, and everyone else knew too.
Somebody was in trouble, I looked around to see who Mr. Ray was about attack- apparently everyone else in the office was too.
...Click
..Click
.Click

Approaching closer to me with every step he took. He couldn't be coming to me right? His beady eyes searched around each cubicle as he came closer, employees zoomed back into their spaces, trying to mask the fact that they hadn't been working the entire time.
I decided to distract attention from myself and do the same.
Closer and closer...
I looked to the clock almost begging for my shift to be over.
20.08- only two minutes, I could do this
'Just hide- try not to let him notice you', I thought to myself as Rays head popped in and out of nearby cubicles.
I glanced back up at clock:
20:09 only 40 seconds left.

I tried typing to pass time, it worked.. Until I began to obsess over the clock once again.
6......5.....4....3...2..-
I jumped out my seat ready to make a run for the door,
"Ah Miss ____- there you are!" Extending his arm around my cubicle caging me inside, I took a step back alarmed at his forwardness.
He peered down at me forcing my ____ eyes to level with his steel ones. A still frown decorated his face
Thin strands of his light brown hair drooped down his forehead.
Crap. Why me?
"I've been looking for you- I have a message", He paused. Why though..? "From the boss", the apologetic look on his face was clear enough to tell me I wasn't getting a promotion.
"Oh..." I said calmly, mentally I was screaming. "W-What'd she say?", my voice cracked slightly.
"You're work.. It's inadequate, and-"
He fumbled in his pocket, pulling out a white envelope. "Here's your final pay-check", His face sharp and serious.
"Final..paycheck..?", I could feel the threat of tears,"W-what do you mean?"
His face softened. "Look", after tilting his angled head, his large hand ran through his stiff hair. "I don't wanna be the bad guy here-"
"What do you mean; 'The bad guy'?" I was now getting pissed "Why are you making yourself the victim here?!"
"____, you're fired.", his words were quick and sharp, disregarding of all "sympathy", they had held before.
Hands sweaty and shaking, I pushed Rays arm aside, and began to stride towards the exit, receiving the classic
"Oh I'm so sorry", "I'm going to miss you so much ____"

The walk home was slow and dreary all the little shops around me seemed bland and empty. Losing my job made me think what I was going to do with my life. Where was I going to live, with no income I wouldn't be able to take care of myself. I gripped at my paycheck, though the sound of it rustling and squirming didn't make me feel any better.
Looking up at the sky, tears streaming down my eyes. It hurt.
What was I going to do.