A secret

I wake up on the couch. Cassidy stayed over tonight. I was waiting for a text from Damon, but I didn't get it. I tried not to feel bad about it, but I did, because my head is just like that. Cassidy told me I didn't have to worry, she saw it from the second we met that he was into me. It was because of her that I could sleep. We just crashed on the couch, and she's still sleeping. I have to pee, so I get up and walk to the bathroom. I look at my phone, because I want to know what time it is. It's 9am, but I see something more important. Damon sent me something.
*Elena, can we talk today? I couldn't really sleep tonight, feel like I need to see you.*
It was sent at 7.30am, my heart is beating fast. What does he want to talk about? I mean, the text sounds sweet, but also kind of serious. It's making me nervous. When I get back I see Cassidy hugging Masy, they're both awake. I plop down next to them and pet Masy.
"So, have you heard anything from your maaaaaan?" Cassidy asks with a smirk.
"Actually, I did. Read this please and tell me what you think."
I let Cassidy read Damon's text.
"I think that he couldn't stop thinking about you tonight and that's why he couldn't sleep and that's why he wants to talk."
"Yeah, right? Okay. Nothing to worry."
"Nothing to worry. Just answer him."
"Yeah. What do I write?"
"I would say: 'Hey babeeeee, we can also do other things with our mouths.'"
"Cas? What the hell? You're not helping. I'll do this myself."
She laughs, how can she even be like this in the morning?
*Good morning. 11am at your place?*
"Ugh, why so serious?"
"Cas, I don't feel like we've reached that point yet. It wasn't like he was trying to be obvious about it to you and Stefan last night."
"Yeah, whatever. You got a text, what's in it?"
I open it.
*Actually, can we meet at yours?*
I look at Cas. She shrugs.
*That's fine.*
*Okay, I'll be there at 11.*
I look at Cassidy.
"You're leaving before that. But first you're helping me decide what to wear and stuff."
She laughs out loud.
"What were you planning to wear? Those sexy pajamas?"
I laugh and hit her arm.
"Seriously, I need your help!"
We go upstairs and take everything out of my closet. I want to look cute, but I don't want it to be obvious that I tried to look cute. Cassidy takes all my shirts and blouses and holds them up in front of my body.
"Okay, seriously Elena. You look cute in everything. And this guy seriously likes you, you could wear joggers and he still thinks your hot."
I laugh.
"I'm not so sure."
"Well, I am."
We finally decide that I will wear just a simple t-shirt with skinny jeans. I put on my mascara while we have a karaoke party. Time's flying, but when it's 10.30 I'm getting nervous.
"What if he wants to talk about that it was a mistake, that that was the reason he couldn't sleep?"
"Elena, don't worry! I swear. He likes you. I don't know what else to say."
"Ugh, I just don't know. I've never been in this situation before, I've never even kissed someone before. This is all new for me."
"And I'm telling you, from experience, don't worry."
"Like your experiences are so trustful."
"Ouch!"
"It's true!"
We both laugh. We clean up the room a bit, because we made a mess. Than I tell her to leave, because I don't want Damon to feel awkward when he sees that she's here. We hug each other.
"You call me!"
"I will."
Now I'm alone and waiting for Damon. I don't know what to do, so I take Masy on my lap and talk to her. Luckily Damon doesn't let me wait too long, the bell rings only 5 minutes after Cas left. I open the door.
"Hey" He says.
"Hii." Do I hug him? Awkward. I hold the door open and let him in.
"Do you want something to drink?"
"No, thankyou."
We sit down next to each other on the couch. I don't know how to behave, but my heart's pounding. He turns his head to me and takes my hand.
"I couldn't stop thinking about you tonight."
I smile, but don't say anything. He squeezes my hand.
"I really, really like you, Elena."
I look him in the eyes, but still don't say anything.
"I just think it's better we don't tell Stefan about us, just not right now. I think we have to wait a while."
"What do you mean with a while?"
"I don't know exactly, just until the right moment is there."
I think. I actually don't want this, I want to be open about it, but I do understand where he's coming from.
"But when is the right moment?"
"We'll figure that out later. Is it okay? You can be honest." He lays his hand on my leg. I will agree, I want him to like me as much as possible, and if I agree he'll like me more, that's what I think.
"Yeah, that's okay."
He smiles. I love that smile, it's small, but so meaningful. I want to kiss him.
"Now can I do this?" He looks at my lips and than he's coming closer. We kiss, and again, it feels so good. This kiss is longer and more intense than the last time. He puts his hands on my thighs, and I don't know how to breathe anymore. I love this feeling, it's all I need.