Welcome to the world

***Narrator's P.O.V***

Meliodas paced anxiously in the corridor, walking slowly and a panicked look on his face. He kept wringing his hands.

"Yo, Cap'n, chill." Ban called out from the seats when Meliodas paced past them for what seemed like the millionth time.

Meliodas shot a glare at him. "Tell me to chill one more time and I swear I'll rip your arm off."

Ban held his hands out in surrender. "Okay, but still, you should probably try, it's not helping."

"He's right you know, for once." King interjected, in his lazy, casual voice that he always spoke in, except to Diane of course.

"Hey!" Ban said, offended. "I'm not that stupid!"

"Did you just admit that you're stupid?"

"Maybe."

"Ha! Stupid."

"I'm not stupid."

"Yes you are."

"You let me marry your sister. Who's the stupid one now?"

"But that's not the point-"

"It kind of is-"

"Boys! Shut up! It's not helping!" Diane burst out, standing up from her seat. She walked up to Meliodas and guided him gently into a seat. "I'm sure she's fine." Diane said, wincing as another shrill scream came from the room.

"Sure..." Meliodas muttered.

Diane sat back down next to king who was floating on his chastefol. Meliodas had King and Diane on one side and Ban on the other side. Elaine was working, but would be over shortly on her lunch break.

Everyone sat there quietly, talking and stopping Meliodas from running in the room.

Eventually, Veronica, Margaret, Gilthunder and Bartra arrived and slipped into the seats. They got involved with the conversation.

They all went down to the cafe for lunch and they sat chatting there. Veronica attacked Meliodas with one of Margaret's books which made everyone laugh.

They went back upstairs and waited, waited, and waited some more.

Just then, at 12:23, just after midday, a nurse walked out of the room. Everybody stared at her. "You can go in now."

"Go on, we'll come in, in a few minutes." Diane smiled encouragingly and Meliodas nodded and walked in.

Inside on the bed, Elizabeth looked very worn out yet she positively glowed with pride and happiness. In her arms she held a little blanket wrapped parcel with a tuft of black hair.

When she saw him, she smiled even wider. "Meli, come see."

Meliodas walked over and kissed her gently. "You did great. How are you feeling?" He asked quietly.

"Tired, and a little sore, but I'm okay." Elizabeth replied wanly, still smiling. "It's a boy."

"It is?" Meliodas's eyes sparkled and his grin got bigger.

"Yes. Look how beautiful he is." She breathed. For the first time, Meliodas got a good look at the small infant in her arms.

It was slightly pink and very small. It looked so fragile wrapped up in the blanket. It had a tuft of jet black hair atop its head.

"Do you want to hold him?" Elizabeth asked happily.

"Please." Meliodas almost whispered.

Elizabeth handed him the bundle. He lifted the baby into his arms delicately, almost like it would break at the slightest touch. The baby made a little noise at being removed from his mother's arms but quickly settled into Meliodas's touch.

"Welcome to to the world, little one." Meliodas whispered.

He smiled down at the little boy in his arms. Almost as if on queue, he opened his eyes to reveal bright blue eyes, just like his mother's. Meliodas hoped that they would stay that way. "He's got your eyes." Meliodas commented.

"Really?" Elizabeth asked and Meliodas nodded, the grin never leaving his face.

Then everyone else burst in saying and yelling "Congratulations!"

Elizabeth was greeted by hugs from everybody and she reassured all of them she was fine. Meliodas, still holding the infant, walked up beside Elizabeth.

"Congrats, Cap'n." Ban congratulated. "What is it?"

"It's a boy." Elizabeth announced. Everyone cheered.

"What's his name?" Diane asked curiously.

Elizabeth and Meliodas looked at eachother. He turned to their family and held out the infant to show everyone.

"Everyone, meet Tristan Wrath."