Chapter two: Birthday

A/N- I have decided to write this all in 3rd Person, like my other stories. I feel like P.O.V's aren't my style (Ha what style?) Anyway enjoy!!

The doorbell tinkled as a tall man pushed the door open and entered the BoarHat. He sat at a table and glanced around.

It was quite dark, and the curtains were shut. There was only one light coming from the glowing fireplace in one corner of the room.

"Tristan get back here!" Elizabeth yelled.

A small boy with black hair and sapphire blue eyes ran through the doorway, dressed only in a nappy and a red t-shirt.

He ran up to the man and squealed "Uncle Esa!" Estarossa picked him up and laughed.

Elizabeth, dressed in a pale yellow sundress, ran through the doorway. She glared playfully at Estarossa. "You had to arrive when I'm changing him?"

"What other time?" He replied, chuckling. Elizabeth held her hands out and grabbed the wriggling Tristan from him.

"I got him!" Elizabeth yelled up the stairs.

"Good! Was it Estarossa?" Meliodas called.

"Yeah!"

"Can you dress him please and I'll make breakfast?" Meliodas called down.

"Yep! Just no food involving cooking! Just give him some fruit loops!" Elizabeth giggled.

"But I hate fruit loops!" Meliodas whined, appearing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Not for you!" Elizabeth laughed. "Estarossa, can you start setting up the decorations please? Since you arrived two hours early."

"Sure, where are they?" Estarossa asked.

"In that big box in the corner."

Estarossa started hanging up decorations and Elizabeth finished changing Tristan into his denim dungarees. She attempted to brush his hair, but failed as it had his father's family's messy amd untameable hair.

One and a half hours later, the BoarHat was ready and everyone was arriving. Merlin was first, along with Gowther.

"Auntie Melin!" Tristan had yelled.

"Hey Merlin! How's your research coming along?" Meliodas greeted, Tristan on his hip.

"Good! I almost have a cure for Flumignis Fever." Merlin replied, holding her hands out for the child.

"I got promoted." Gowther stated in his monotone-ish voice.

"Good for you." Meliodas replied, handing Merlin Tristan.

Just then Elaine and Ban burst in the door, or Elaine waddled fast.

"Diane and Harlequin are just coming!" Elaine huffed, her face bright red. "Places everyone!"

The lights were switched off and the fireplace was put out. People were stationed at the windows to open the curtains.

The door opened and King walked in. "Hello?"

Suddenly the curtains opened and everybody jumped out of their hiding spaces and yelled "Happy 21st birthday King!"

King jumped and then started smiling really big. "Thanks! I didn't know you would do this for me."

Everyone was congratulating him and then they all sat down to drink and music was played.

"So, were you surprised?" Elizabeth grinned.

"I was. Though she kept giggling all the way here." King gestured to Diane. "It was cute."

"Awwww." Elizabeth giggled.

"Hey, Elizabeth, where's Tristan?" Diane giggled.

"Umm, he was with Merlin, then Margaret had him, then Veronica, I think he'll be either with Elaine or Meliodas." Elizabeth thought out loud.

"Okie dokie! Imma go find him." Diane smiled and left the table.

Tristan, being the only baby here besides little Holly, Margaret and Gilthunder's five year-old daughter, he was basically passed from pillar to post around the adults.

Elizabeth walked up to the large dining table Meliodas had dragged from the attic and yelled dramatically "The buffet is now open!!!!"

Silence.

"We bought it from the shops!!!!"

Cheers erupted from the guests and mutters of "Thank God" "Hallelujah" and "We are saved" echoed throughout the tavern.

Elizabeth put Tristan in his highchair. Meliodas brought a plate of crisps, chocolate, cocktail sausages and one ham and cheese sandwich.

Elizabeth frowned. "Two."

"Huh?"

"Get him two sandwiches."

"Oh. Okay." Meliodas went away and came back with another sandwich. "There you go buddy." Meliodas smiled, ruffling Tristan's hair.

"Daddy!" Tristan giggled delightedly. Meliodas smiled even wider, but a hint of sadness passed his eyes.

"You okay?" Elizabeth asked, drawing him aside. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"I guess." Meliodas sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"Look, it's okay. Try to be happy. It's king's birthday, remember?"

"I will." An idea came to Meliodas. "I'm going to find Ban."

"You better not get him drunk again!!" Elizabeth called mock-sternly as he walked away to find his favourite drinking partner.

Elizabeth chuckled and then she saw Elaine helping feed Tristan.

"Hey, Elaine!" Elizabeth smiled. "Thanks for coming."

"Well, I was going to go crazy if I had to sit in that house any longer." Elaine commented, rolling her eyes. "I wish they'd get out of me all ready." Elaine rubbed her huge belly subconsciously.

"Only a few weeks to go." Elizabeth sympathised.

"True. How did you do this, Elizabeth?"

"Patience." Elizabeth grinned. "And ice-cream. Also heatpads."

"Where would I be without them?!" Elaine laughed.

"I know." Elizabeth giggled.

"Got any other tips for me?"

"Umm, get a schedule and make sure Ban follows it."

The girls laughed together and Tristan joined in. Guests had started leaving as the party was over.

Finished feeding him, Elizabeth picked Tristan up out of his highchair. "Mama! Auntie Elaine!" He gurgled. Tristan yawned and put his head on her shoulder.

"Right mister, better put you down for a nap." Elizabeth said. She looked at Elaine. "Will you be staying for a bit?"

"Sure. I don't have anything else planned anyway." She agreed.

"All right. I'll just put Tristan down for his nap. Could you put the Kettle on please?"

"All right. You mind if I take some of the party food home? I've had a weird liking to party food lately." Elaine said as she walked away. "Diane, you want a cup of tea?"

"Sure." Diane replied. "Let me help. Merlin you want some?"

"I'll have a coffee instead." Merlin smirked.

"Can I have some coffee too?" King asked.

"So that's two coffees and three tea." Elaine said.

Upstairs, Elizabeth had just tucked Tristan into bed. She planted a kiss to his head as he slept. "I love you." She whispered as she made her way downstairs.