Chapter 3: Graveyard and Holiday

Elizabeth was sitting upstairs with Tristan. Meliodas was downstairs working in the café.

They had inherited the BoarHat from Aunt Daisy when Demero moved to the countryside to raise Hawk. He still works at the highschool, but he left the BoarHat to them. The BoarHat is now a café by day and a bar by night.

"And scared Little Miss Muffet away!" Elizabeth giggled, tickling Tristan.

Tristan's room was a light blue with a seaside theme. The floor was a light coloured wood but it had a large yellow rug to imitate sand in the middle. His crib was in one corner and a bookshelf in another. There was also the large toy chest and a changing table. The set of drawers with his clothes in was pushed against the wall under the window.

Tristan shrieked happily. "Mama sop it!!!"

Meliodas was watching from the doorway. "Is someone getting tickled Tristan?" He called.

Tristan turned to look at him and he smiled even wider. "Daddy! Daddy!" Tristan jumped up and ran to Meliodas. "Up!"

Meliodas picked him up. "What were you reading?"

"Lil miss- lil miss m-" Tristan tried to say. Giving up, Tristan yawned and put his head on Meliodas's shoulder.

"Little Miss Muffet." Elizabeth said, standing up. "Can you get him settled down for his nap?"

"Sure. What are you doing?" Meliodas grinned.

"I'll be doing some waitressing. I've got to earn my keep somehow!" Elizabeth joked.

"Okay then. Have fun!" Meliodas waved when Elizabeth left to go downstairs.

Meliodas put Tristan in his bed and tucked him in. "Go to sleep, Tristan." He smiled before heading to his bedroom.

Inside, he started taking out his clothes and putting them in an old black suitcase. Meliodas then grabbed an old book off the shelf and put it in there as well.

He glanced at the wall. There was a photo of Tristan taken on the day he was born. Underneath in swirly writing it read:

Tristan Wrath.
February 18th 2019
14:26

Next to that picture, was a picture of Elizabeth and Meliodas on their wedding day. Elizabeth looked happier than ever. Meliodas grinned at the memory.

There were other pictures, too. Ones of Tristan, Elizabeth, Meliodas, the Sins, and Elizabeth's family.

Elizabeth walked in and smiled at Meliodas, who hadn't noticed because he was lost in thought.

"Mel?" She said softly.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing?"

"Packing."

"Ah, I see." Elizabeth grinned. "Always the last one to pack."

"Yeah, yeah." Meliodas stopped packing and stared out the window. He sighed and stared off onto the distance.

"What's wrong? You've been like this ever since before the party." Elizabeth asked, concerned. She slipped her hand into his and squeezed it encouragingly. "Is it about that letter?"

"I'm mad about the letter, but this is different..."

"You want to see her, don't you?" Elizabeth stated. He turned to look at her, his eyes filled with guilt, sadness yet happiness and hope, amongst emotions Elizabeth couldn't begin to comprehend. "Go. Just be back for six."