You're Not Alone, You'll Never Be Alone

I lay, motionless. I'm in a great deal of pain. The process is complete, at least that's what the Doctor says. I feel two hearts beating in my chest. How am I alive?

"Oh my God, you're alive!" The Doctor looks like he might cry.

"How?" Is all I can muster up to say.

"I still don't even really know how your DNA changed."

"Simple really, I've had the vortex in my head since I was two, the exposure left my DNA open to be changed. Then, every time I used the vortex, we thought I was dying when really it was killing my humanity and making me a Time Lord. With exposure to the Tardis, the process was escalated." I spoke a million miles an hour. I clamped a hand over my mouth. Did I really just know all of that? But how?

"Your brain's changed as well."

Then, I was suddenly famished, "Are you hungry? I'm hungry. Actually, I'm starving. Probably due to my cells over working-" I stopped myself from speaking any further. It was so weird talking the way I did. I had knowledge that I hadn't had before. It was creepy almost.

I got up nonetheless and went to the kitchen. I searched my cupboards. I rummaged through the food. I pulled out boxes and boxes of things.

I made Ramon, cereal, canned corn, bread and butter, and some coffee.

Just as I thought everything would be fine, it wasn't.

I turned around to talk to the Doctor, when I saw it. The light. The fourth rift or whatever it actually is. It was terrifying. I never had wanted to see it again.

The Doctor turned to face it. He put on his glasses.

"Impossible." He stated.

"You can see it too?" I asked.

"Well, now, just not all the time."

Then a thought dawned on me. What if I stepped through it? There were many possible outcomes. I could die, live, get transported to another world, gain power or knowledge, destroy my surroundings, be erased from time itself. But what would it actually do? It couldn't do all those things...could it? No. Even how impossible it is, it couldn't do them all. It could scatter me across the universe, or time. It could break me into a million billion pieces, break me down to atoms and dust.

'But I'll never know if I don't try...'

I stepped forward. I reached out for the light. Maybe if I just grab it, feel it, I'll get a sense of what it is.

"Chloe, no." The Doctor sternly stated, "You don't know what it could do to you."

"That's the thing, Doctor, a million things are racing through my head, and I don't care about the outcomes. Because if it wanted to kill us, it would have. I just need to feel it..."

I reached out further. The Doctor tried stopping me, but I was too quick. I wrapped my hand around it.

It filled my mind, showed me things. It felt cold, not warm like it did on the outside. It terrified me beyond belief. It took the breath right out of me.

I pulled back, gasping. The light ceased, disappeared.

"It's...horrifying..." I looked down at my hand. Somehow, a piece of the light was in it.

The Doctor soniced it. He kept looking back and forth from the sonic and the light in my hand. It had to be impossible.

"We need to get to the Tardis." We said in unison. We pointed and laughed at each other, then bolted out the door.

We ran down the stairs, out the building, down the street to the Tardis. We ran through the doors. I connected the light into the Tardis controls.

I looked at the light. I have off a sweet, warm vibe, but I know it's evil in the inside. It mesmerized me. I just kept staring at it, tranced by it.

"What? That's not possible!" The Doctor was reading the Tardis results. "It's the fourth rift, but it isn't. I mean, it can't be, but the readings say it is and isn't. I closed that rift before it could rip time apart in four different worlds..." He trailed off, "It's an echo, but it's powerful. It can move, do things it shouldn't..."

"Well, there's only one thing we can do now," I paused, "chase after it, and seal the echo of the rift, permanently."

He smiled, and pulled a lever, setting the Tardis to flight.

~~A/N: not a terrible cliff hanger this time ;-)

Thank you so much for all the votes, comments, and reads. I really appreciate it all, I love all you guys! :-)