The Myrrian Crisis - Chapter 05 - Persuade Him...

Chapter 5 – Persuade Him...

“What can we do for you today, Lord Khal,” the decrepit old hag asked in a sweet, yet deceptive tone.

“I need information. I had a-”

“We will need to get past some... formalities first,” she interrupted.

Khal scoffed in utter disgust as he reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a small cloth sack of coins.

The old wench nodded, with a grotesque, approving smile stretched cross her aged face.

“I had a vision of a white-haired Rürmyrrad with glowing teal eyes.”

“I see. This waterbender you have described is known as the ‘Leviathan Vessel’ for their false god, the Water Spirit. Our prophet, Jacal, has foreseen his coming, and is certain that he will be the Great Extinguisher.”

Jacal spoke up, “His name is Mikkel. He has not awakened yet, but--”

Khal laughed, “If he hasn’t awakened, then why don’t we just kill the little bastard?”

Jacal shook his head, “No one, not even you, sire, can go against the Fire Spirit’s prophecy. Mikkel is necessary for the Ascension. If you kill Mikkel before he awakens, then the Ascension will be put off until the Water Spirit can decide another appropriate vessel.”

“Very well. Tell me what you can about him.”

“He is barely 18 years old, sire, but he is already very powerful. He is accompanied by a 20-year-old waterbender named Karana. A fierce one, she is. She has the skills of a Rürmyrrad, but the mettle of a Pyrmyrrad.”

“What else can you tell me?”

“Mikkel has a brother, named Kess. He currently is scratching a living out in the old Altmyrrad temple, near the Eastern beach.”

“We could enlist him into our ranks.” Khal said as he stroked his tidy beard.

“He is block-headed. He has the intelligence of a bull, and the temper to follow suit.”

“Then we will have to persuade him.”