Chapter 11

Please remember this is a draft!
-

At first I didn’t realise what was happening. I felt something large smack into my body and lift me up. My body flew through the air and I landed on the grass a few feet away with a thud, and Jay lying on top of me.

“What the fuck you doing?” Tommy said. It was the highest I’d ever heard his voice. “You just tackled her to the ground for fucks sake!”

Jay’s eyes looked red and swollen. He climbed off of me and sat up, looking dazed and confused. Tommy stormed over to us and knelt down beside me.

“Dude, I woke up and the door was open. I thought she was getting away!” Jay sucked in short sharp breaths as he leaned backwards and put his palms on the ground.

“Idiot.” Tommy grabbed my arm and pulled me up, but I cried out as a sharp pain stabbed at my shoulder and travelled down my arm. My arm felt limp and I’d never felt pain like it. I was certain it was broken. Leaving Jay to catch his breath and wake himself up, Tommy  with no effort at all, scooped me up off the floor. He carried me around to the side of the van, climbed inside and put me down.

I gritted my teeth and my heart raced.

"Take your top of,” he said. He knelt down beside me and waited.

“I am not raking my top off.” My mouth fell open in shock horror.

“Fine. Stay like that.” He shrugged and stood up, before walking to the door.

I shuffled back into my corner and winced. I carefully slipped the hoody off and held my hand on my shoulder above the fabric of the t shirt I was wearing. It hurt so bad my eyes watered. I couldn’t think of anytime I’d ever broken a bone. There was the time I’d tripped and fell on my dads boat. My father loved fishing more than life itself, and regularly took me out on his boat. As Sam got older, he wanted to come too. Because Sam couldn’t walk, my dad had special things fitted to the boat to help Sam comfortably get on the boat and stay there. Although it was there for safety for Sam, I used one of the rails to swing, and I fell flat on my face. I’d popped my nose and it gave me a good old egg on my forehead, but that was the only time I could remember being injured.

“Fine, please, help me,” I said begrudgingly.

“Don’t be such a prude. I’ve seen places on people you wouldn’t like to know.”

Yack. I pulled a face in disgust at the imagery that played out in my mind.

“You think I’ve never seen a woman in a bra before?”

“I have no doubt you’ve seen plenty,” I spat. “Just do it.”

I slipped my arm out of the t shirt and he inspected my shoulder.

“I think you’ve dislocated your shoulder. We need to pop it back into place.”

My body instinctively moved back away from him.

“You are not popping anything back into place on me. I need to go to a hospital!”

“Not gunna happen. I’ve done it before. Just shut your mouth and it will be over in a no time.”

My mouth dropped open, again. I didn’t like how he had that jaw dropping effect on me. Everything that seemed to come out of his mouth shocked me.

“When did you do it before? Did the person die?” I said dramatically.

“You’re not going to die from that, trust me. Lie down.”

I lay back onto my blue blanket and Tommy wrapped his warm fingers around my wrist. He kicked off one of his shoes and rested his foot on my side. As he did that, the van rocked slightly as Jay jumped in. He slid the door along closed, and quickly settled next to me on his knees. It felt like a whole ordeal, and that I was prepping for major surgery. My heart pounded against my rib cage, but the pain was almost too much to bear.

“Ready?” he asked. He gave the impression that he wanted me to answer, but before I even opened my quivering lips to speak and say no, he pulled on my arm and pressed his foot flat into my side. I cried out as the pain intensified and just as I thought I couldn’t take any more, I felt a pop. Then Tommy released me.

It still hurt as I lifted my arm  up and down, and pressed my fingers into my shoulder, but it felt better.

“See? No big deal.”

I slipped my arm back into my t shirt after suppressing the urge to try and strangle him with it.

My attention was dragged away by the sound of my own name. At first I couldn’t work out if I was just hearing things and the stress of being kidnapped had finally taken its toll on my brain. But I hadn’t went insane, yet, my name was being spoken. I sat up and turned to the TV and on the small screen flashed the News at Ten, and a woman in a smart black blazer stared at me through the screen.

“Zoe Walker, still missing,” the news lady said, and Tommy and Jay both look up at each other.

With my hand still comforting my sore shoulder, I shuffle forward.

“There have been no new leads in the kidnapping of Zoe Walker since a sighting in Cresswell Holiday park, where the staff recognised Zoe by her pink shoes, after hearing a description of her from the police. Today the men who took the girl have confirmed they are holding her for ransom and have asked for five million pounds before the safe release of the girl.”

My mouth fell open again. My family then flashed up on the screen. They were sat in front of a white wall with flashes from cameras on their faces. Mum, dad, and Sam. Behind them, Justyna and William. They all looked rough. Swollen eyes and bags. Mum , who usually never left the house without make up, and her long dark hair groomed and pinned back so tight it pulled her eyes back, had a low, messy pony tail hanging over her shoulder. My dad, who regularly wore a suit and tie, sat in slacks.

“The family gave a statement three days ago, and the kidnappers replied with their demands. The camera panned from a teary Sam and up to William and Justyna who looked just as bad as my family. I hadn’t really ever wondered what affect my disappearance would really have on the people in my life, and now I knew how much it had devastated all of them. It felt like my heart actually hurt, and I forgot about the pain in my shoulder.

“Time to go,” Tommy said, and Jay nodded. He hit the off button on the TV and they both got up.

I wanted to swing for both of them, I wanted to hurt them like they’d hurt my family, but instead, I scurried back under the hoody and into the corner. It was all well and good talking to Tommy like he was a person, but I needed to remember he was dangerous, and getting close was stupid.

Tommy and Jay went to the front and Tommy drove. He started the van, and we sped away. I stayed silent in the back for at least thirty minutes until we stopped again. I wasn’t expecting much to happen until I saw Tommy heading towards me. I pressed my body back against the wall and shook my head when I saw the bag to put over my head was hanging from his grip.

-

How was this chapter? I actually really struggled to write this one!

My brain is hurting.

Let me know what you think. While you wait for an update, I'd love for you to check out my other stories :)

Vote. Comment. Follow :)