18. You're smart enough...

Sorry for the late update:( I was a bit busy, but I've managed to write this chap, hope you'll like it...

"You all call these presentations?" professor Dixit bawled, flinging the files on the desk. His big nose was flaring with anger.
"Your futures are doomed, you'll not even get the job of a clerk."
"Who's going to do the job of a clerk?" Someone squeaked from behind.
"Who's that mannerless brat?" he bellowed. No one uttered a single word. No doubt it was their unlucky day.
Mr.Manohar Dixit, professor of macroeconomics was an unexpected teacher, he was a man of short temper and a big mouth. Pleasing him, well leave it, he was a man not to be pleased by anything but flattering. No good marks, no great behavior, only sheer flattering. But that day it seemed, flattering could not even save the students from his wrath.
The bomb of his sarcasm was falling on each one of them, one by one, it also didn't take much time to fall on Kunal and Diksha.
"And you Kunal! I'm proud of you boy," he remarked approaching Kunal.
Kunal proudly grinned at Diksha, they had done the project together. But she sensed something fishy, when Mr. Dixit, flung the file on Kunal's face.
"This is what you call an assignment?" He was glaring at him with his eyes all red.
Diksha was horrifyingly looking at them, waiting for her turn, for she was his favorite target.

"You all will do the assignment once again, and I'll pair you into the group of two," he yelled moving back to his place.

Diksha sighed with relief, she was saved for that time, but what was coming for her, she hadn't anticipated.
The pairing started, Mr.Dixit went on dividing the students into groups.
Diksha was fine with anyone she would be paired with. Though she wanted to be with her friends, but couldn't whimper before that short-tempered teacher.

"Kunal Rastogi, you'll be paired opposite Kirti Mehrotra." Kirti winked at Kunal. She had got an amazing chance to pull his legs.

"Manisha Singh you'll work with Sakshi Purohit," the teacher was going on sorting out the groups, some were happy to be with their friends while some made a sulky face, cursing the teacher under their breath for pairing them with the wrong person.
Diksha was beaming with happiness, at the end only she and Rahul were left, no doubt they were going to be in one group, when,
"Rahul Khurana, you'll work with Aarti Sharma," the teacher said raising his head from the register.
"Sir, it's Diksha Sharma," she shouted from her bench, assuming that the teacher had read her name wrong.
"Did you get me, Rahul? Your assignment partner is Aarti Sharma who's absent today, so you take her number from me and contact her for discussing your topic," Mr.Dixit said ignoring her, a crooked smile plastered on his face when he called out the last group.

"Diksha Sharma, you'll work with Amaya Singhania."
"Shit." It escaped from her mouth, she had forgotten that Amaya was there in her macroeconomics class; she rarely attended that class.
Diksha was really doomed and utterly screwed up.
Mr.Dixit knew that they were arch enemies, but he still paired them together.
Diksha was cursing her luck. She was searching all sorts of flattering words and comments in her mental dictionary to use as her weapon against the professor.
But, miserably failed in it. The network connection of her brain had snapped at that time as no searches were found. She was pulled out from her thoughts when once again the teachers' voice roared across the room.
"I want the assignment by the next week, this time no mistake." With this warning, he stomped out of the classroom.

"Oh no Diku! What will you do now?" Kirti was frighteningly looking at her.
"Don't know," Diksha sighed. It was not a silly thing for her. She was paired with her arch rival, the living monster of her life.
"Why don't you request Mr.Dixit? Maybe he'll change it," Manisha came up with the suggestion.
"That's never gonna happen Mani, that freaky man this time has got a great chance of troubling Diku, he's not letting it slip from his hand," Rahul injected.
"But, what's the problem in trying," Manisha encouraged.
"You talk to him tomorrow, he's in a shitty mood today," Kunal suggested.
"Yeah, by then I'll be ready with some flattering words." Diksha decided to try once; asking Mr.Dixit to pair her with someone else.