Chapter: 01

"Are we actually doing this again?" I was so not in the mood to have this conversation again when I know that it was useless. Nothing she can say that might change my mind.

"Yes. Apparently we are going to have this conversation because you have been avoiding this topic since a long time now," my mum said and I could see a frown forming on her face on my laptop screen. I was already very tired. I knew that she was going to give me the same lecture since she called me on skype so late at night.

"Twila Johnwood, I know that you are an independent girl and don't need anyone, but all I am saying is, just meet him once. If you don't like him, I won't pressurize you. Give it a go. I can't even remember the last you were in a serious relationship. I'm just worried about you. I am your mother you know and I do want to see you walking down aisle before I die," my mum sighed. Amanda Johnwood sure as hell knows how to convince someone. But, this doesn't work on me anymore.

"Mum, you gotta stop trying to guilt me into it. That's not fair. If there is someone out there for me, I will meet him. And besides, I am still in my twenties mom. It is too early for me to get married. I want to live my life before I'm tied to some guy forever." I tried to explain her.

"Honey, I don't know what to say that will make you change your mind," my mum says.

"Then don't. Please don't. Mum, I'm tired. I will call you later?" I said, running my hand through my chocolate brown hair.

"Okay, I will let this go for now. Take care, sweetie. I'm always worried about you," she said, her eyebrows pulling together.

"Yes, mum. You take care too. Love ya mum," I said, waving at the screen.

Shutting down the laptop, I went into the shower, trying to wash all the stress and tension away. I've been nonstop on a design for almost three hours. Being an interior designer is not an easy job you know. But it pays off well. But finally the week is over. I have plans with Kris, my best friend and some other girls.

As my head hit the bed, my mind was processing what my mum said. I did imagine myself walking down the aisle one day. Every girl does. But, right now, I just want to enjoy my life. Settling down might actually become a disturbance in my career and I can't risk that right now.

Hey guys!!

Quick Author's Note:

I hope you liked that chapter. Stay with me. I know the chapter was short. I'll try writing a bigger one next time. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Kx