Chapter: 07

I love that song by the way

Twila POV

Honestly, I am so excited to work on this project. It would look good on my profile and it will definitely be great for the company's reputation. Dylan never told me he was friends with these bigshots. These two beautiful men made my day. I don't know if it was just me or was Mr. Mcqueen was actually staring at me. When we were going over the budget, location and the basics I caught him staring at me before he coughed and looked away.

By the end of an hour, as I was going to repeat everything we had discussed in the past hour, Mr. Mcqueen stood up and said, "I'll have my assistant mail you the final details by the end of the day so that you can start working on it as soon as possible." Jack followed the suit. To my surprise, even Dylan stood up. I looked at him with a questioning look to which he smiled a little and said, "I'm going to have lunch with them and I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon. So don't wait up for me."

I nodded.

"Maybe you can join us?" Mr. Mcqueen interjected. All heads turned to him in surprise. "if you don't mind and want to, of course," he continued. I looked at Dylan for any sign, he shrugged.

"Next time maybe? I already have some work. You all have a nice day," I declined to the offer politely. It would be so awkward to have lunch with them when they clearly are having a reunion. I wonder why he even asked in the first place. We exchanged goodbyes and they left. As soon as they were out of the door, I collapsed on the chair. "God save me," I sighed.

I couldn't stop smiling, thinking about when I caught him looking at me. Their bodies can make your knees go weak. Jack had a friendly aura him while Mcqueen had more an intimidating aura around him. The one that tells you that he is in power. A black clothed figure appeared in my vision and it startled me so much that jerked back almost making the chair I was sitting in tip back.

I gasped as two strong hands gripped the armrest of the chair and I looked into those sparkling blue orbs that I was lost in just a few minutes ago. Gosh, his eyes are magical. His close proximity was getting on my nerve. One could easily notice the change in m breathing. I don't know what changed but now that I was alone with him only a few inches away in a room, it made me nervous. In that moment he wasn't a business tycoon for me.

Nicholas POV.

I left my phone on the table in hopes that I might be able to get her alone. When the elevator reached the ground floor, I patted my pockets just for the effect then turned to Jack and said, "I think I left my phone in the office."

"I'll have someone bring it down," Dylan suggested.

"Don't bother, I'll get it myself," I said a little too fast which made Jack raise his eyebrow. "Why don't you guys go ahead," I suggested.

Dylan shouted an okay, already by the door.

I sighed in relief. I don't even know why I am hiding it from Jack, he's my Gamma and Dylan is bound to find out.

When I walked into his office. There she was, my moon, with a creepy grin on her face while her unfocused eyes were on the wall. What is she thinking about? The thought of what is making her so happy?

OR WHOM? my wolf suggested. My anger flared at this. The thought of someone else so much as even touching her was revolting. I moved infront of her, partly to get my phone from the table, partly to get her attention.

She shrieked back in surprise and about to fall when I held her chair by the armrest.

Her intoxicating smell surrounded me, I couldn't tear my eyes away. Can't say that I tried though. She was staring at me in awe. i wouldn't be surprised if my eyes changed to a little golden or if they had dilated. Her plump lips were parted, so kissable, her breathing raged. I wonder what they would taste like. I had just started inching towards her when my phone rang.

I growled at being interrupted.

She stood up, smoothed her skirt as I answered Jack's call.

"What?" I barked in the phone.

"Don't get your panties in twist princess. I was just wondering what was taking you so long. Don't wanna be late for the lunch now, do we?" I could hear Dylan laughing in the background. I hung up on him.

Twila's face was flushed, she was looking at her heels as if they were the most fascinating thing. Damn, I made her uncomfortable.

I cleared my throat which got her attention but she didn't look directly look into my eyes. "I forgot my phone so I had to come back. Are you okay?" I sounded so lame even to myself. My wolf clapping at my oh-so-well-handled situation.

"Yes. I'm okay Mr. Mcqueen. Thank you for that by the way," if it was possible, her face got even redder.

"See you around then," I said as I made my way to the door. Just before i was about to leave, I turned to her, "Oh and Twila?"

She turned on her heels, "yes?"

"It's Nicholas for you. I'll call you," I winked and made the grand exit.

I waited outside the door, listening hard for anything. But all I got was "Oh god" from her. I was fine with it. At least she was affected by me and right now I was happy with it. 

*dodges the eggs thrown at this way* 

 Please don't kill me for the update but you can always vote and comment. Anyways, I will update the next chapter in a week or probably this Friday if I get 10 votes on this chapter. Enjoy!