PAST

I'm Gabriel, a survivor without a future, because of my past.

I'm not sure I'd be here had I lost the will to fight. Night after night, I was tested. I was abused in ways I still can't believe. My skin still crawls when I think back to those nights. Life was painful, and the torture was repetitive. If it wasn't the ongoing violence at home, it was the name calling at school. There was no escape.

I felt alone. It was my mom, she had been addicted to meth. And her boyfriend was, horrible.

I remember my mom when she was warm and kind. That was until she met Fred, her new boyfriend. He talked her into doing drugs and some nights, I'd wake up to the sounds of them fighting, or partying.

I attended a public school, even though I was bullied, it was an escape from being at home.

.I had a friend, He was there for me when my home was too much, and his family brought me into their home. Everything was good, until he said he was moving to New York for his dads business. I left him that day, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I felt so hurt and scared. I fell asleep at a park across town and I woke up to a police officer flashing a light in my face

"What's wrong buddy?"

I didn't answer, I just looked down

"What's your name little guy?" he turned off the light and sat by me

"Gabriel... Morretti..." I spoke softly

"Morretti eh?" he took of his hat and placed it down "the names constable Weston"

He patted my back "well Gabriel, want to come down to the station. We can call your parents"

My heart started beating fast and I felt a lump in my throat. He took me by the hand and walked back to his car. I couldn't speak for the rest of the way to the station. He put me in a room with a bed and a toilet.

"You aren't in trouble little guy, we just are gonna put you in here till you parents come and get ya" he smiled and closed the door.

I sat on the bed and I knew I was in trouble, the trouble would start when I get home. I soon found myself dozing off into a sleep.

The door slid open and their stood constable Weston, he walked in and gently shook Gabriel awake.

"Buddy your dads here to pick you up" he said

My dad? My dad, he died from cancer 2 years ago. I got up and I walked to the entrance, only to see Fred,

He looked different from when he was at home. He came and hugged me and said he missed me. I could tell he was lying.

"Thanks officer for finding him, his mother and I were worried sick!" he smiled and escorted me out of the door. Constable Weston waved and went back. Fred looked at me and he pulled me by my hair.

"You little bitch! Since your mom is busy at home, I had to come get your little ass" he growled out as he swung open his car door and shoved me in

"No one asked you to come" I whispered softly. Loud enough for him to hear a little

"What was that?!" he grabbed me by my shirt and glared into my eyes. I just looked away. I soon felt a burning pain hit my face, he had slapped me. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes and I still sat in silence.

The ride home was longer than usual, the road only lit by the street lights as we got into our nieborhood, we passed My friends old house and I immedietly looked away, I was through so much and I didn't want to know, that my only friend is moving. We got home and all the lights were on, indicating people were inside. I walked inside before Fred could drag me in. I see my mom and some other people in the living room, she just looks at me, with this empty look. And goes back to talking to her friends.

I walk up the stairs to my room, and I felt tired but I would not dare to sleep. I kept hearing laughing coming from downstairs, my clock read 3:56 am. How could people still be up?

I looked out of my window, I felt dazed and restless. The street light across the road flickered softly. I soon heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I ran to my closet and closed the door. It was Fred.

He came in and started shouting. He was drunk I could tell.

"Gabriel! You little shit where are you?" he slurred out. I was trying my best to breathe softly but I just couldn't. I could see him walking toward the closet, my heart was beating faster and faster. He swung open the door and smiled crookedly "looks like I found you" he grabbed me by my hair and threw me to the ground, I flipped onto my back and attempted to kick at him.

He stepped onto my stomach and took a shot of his bottle and threw it to the corner of the room.

He was about hit me until I heard my mother call him from downstairs

"You're lucky this time bitch" and he left and slammed the door.

(a/n: this is just a WIP just to spark your guys attention)