Chapter 2

Gotta' Be You Chapter 2

The darkness came and went. Screams filled my ears. They weren't mine. Pain radiated from my stomach. I opened my eyes and a face loomed over mine. It was the one boy that I ran into. I really needed to find out his name.

Since it was the first thought in my scrambled brain, I blurted it out, "W-what is your n-name?" He looked at me for a moment and answered, "Liam. And my friends are Niall, Louis, Harry, and Zayn." He pointed to each one as he said their names. I followed his finger, barely holding on to consiousness. Once Liam had answered me, he pulled out a cell phone and called 911.

Shit! I couldn't get the police involved in this! Last time I did that, it didn't work. And if they did get involved, they would start asking questions, which would get complicated. They would find out who I was, and that would make it easier for my father to track me.

All this went through my head in a split second. Ignoring the pain in my stomach, I raised my hand and smacked the phone out of Liams' hand. Then I sat up, and was instantly pushed back down gently by the one called Harry.

"Hey, calm down. We're gonna' get you some help!" Liam said. I didn't argue any more. I couldn't speak because the pain was too much to take. Darkness once again took over.

Liams' POV

"The ambulance is on its way. They said not to pull out the knife. It will only cause her to bleed more. They said the best thing to do would be to keep her calm and still," I said in a rush.

"Liam, she is calm and still. She passed out again," Louis said, pointing out the obvious.

"Right, Captain Obvious!" Zayn said. Soon, the sirens of the ambulance could be heard. Niall stood up and went to greet the paramedics. He briefed them on what had happened and they rushed over to us.

As they were putting her on a stretcher, one of the paramedics asked, "Do you know anything about her? Her name? Where is she from? Do you know any of her familys' contact information?" I shook my head at every question. I was shocked that I knew nothing about the girl who saved my life. That guy had thrown the knife at me, but she had blocked it with her own body. Why? She didn't even know who I was.

I got into the back of the ambulance with her. "Meet me at the hospital, guys," I shouted to them. Then the back doors closed and the ambulance was moving. I grabbed the girls' hand and squeezed it tightly in mine.

After a minute, she opened her eyes. She looked very confused for a second. Then realization hit her. Terror filled her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay! Everything is gonna' be fine. You're gonna' be fine!" I said. She stared at me. Then she started to struggle and tried to sit up. The paramedic pushed her back down and stuck her with a needle. It must have been a tranquilizer, because she soon closed her eyes and her heart rate slowed down again. Her hand relaxed in mine.

Several minutes later, we reached the hospital. A team of doctors was ready. She was wheeled away in under a minute.

I was directed to the waiting room. The guys were sitting, waiting for me. I took a seat next to Zayn.

Not even five minutes later, Naill said, "I'm hungry!" I sighed and said, "There are vending machines down the hall to your left." Niall raced to the machines. When he came back, it looked like he had bought the whole machine!

"Dude! Nialler! I hope you plan on sharing!" Harry exclaimed. Naill looked horrified.

"Share? What does that even mean?" Naill asked. I facepalmed.

"He skipped school the day they taught us to share!" I sighed. We were kidding of course; it was well known that Niall ate like a pig and NEVER shared his food with anyone. Not even his girlfriends.