Chapter 8

As you expected it took 2 days for you to get out of the hospital. As much as you wanted to go home the boys and Bruce wanted you to stay at manor since to them it was safer. You didn't argue but you ask if someone could go to your house for some of your reading books (you can't live without reading a single page. That's how much you love reading). Jason offered himself to go. He went to get the books you ask for. Luckily days before the accident you had the books that wanted set aside on the table beside your mini library. He came back in less than an hour to give them to you.
"Thank you my little red bird."
Jason looks at you a bit shocked but he laughed it off.
"Little red bird? Why the new nickname?"
You put your hand in his check and answered.
"Well since I know everything about you guys might as well think of a new nickname that defines you better."
Jason gives you a smile before leaving to the cave.
Most of the time spent in the manor was limited because of  your injuries. You barely could walk to the bathroom without hurting yourself. You stayed in your bed for sometime while also reading books. But you could not stay put in just one place so you ask for a wheelchair for the time being in order for you to move around the house.
                     ——————————-
"Alfred why are the boys and Bruce go more frequently at the cave since I came to the manor."
You looked worried which made Alfred feel awful for not telling you what was happening. The only thing he said to you was:
"Worry not madam, the masters are just trying to look for any threats that can't hurt your well being. Now if you excuse I have other affairs to attend to."
"Oh ok. Thank you Alfred ." You felt useless for not being able to do much now than before. You got out of the room to make a phone call to your work. And tell them you're not be able to work for a while. They told you have to go to the hospital in order to do some paperwork and the break would be authorize. 
As you finish your conversation you hear Jason and Dick talking. You didn't want to intrude their conversation so you were about to leave until you heard your name.
"I can't believe B doesn't want to tell ma about the group that attack her what they doing to the kids. We've been stuck for days in finding a cure. Im sure ma's knowledge in medicine would be able to help a lot ."
Jason looks so upset about the situation and Dick responds back.
"Don't be like this, you know Bruce is looking out for mo-.. I mean (y/n) safety."
Jason changes the subject since he was done talking about the situation Bruce not letting you get involved.
"I can't believe you still call her by her name. You know you loved her as a mother figure."
Dick blushes but before he said something you barged in.
"Jason tell me what is happening. I can't be sheltered all time. You also said that I might be able to help in whatever you're stuck for."
Jason looks at Dick for any help in what to say but he also doesn't know what to do. Jason looks at you and smacked one of his hands to his face.
"B is going to kill me."

————————
"Why did you try to hide this away from me."
You calmly said to Bruce. He just looks at you before he answers.
"Now is not the time to explain. But now that you're here I will need your help."
He was right, that question did not had time and place in that moment. Before he explains everything Bruce takes you in your wheelchair to the next room. As you entered you see Alfred checking a girls body signals. At first you don't recognize the girls face due to all the green and gray spots she had. But the moment you get less than one meter close to the little girl's body you start shaking.
"M-Myria?"
You're in shocked in what you see. How can a little girl be involved in your situation.
"You know her?"
Dick looks at you when he ask you the question. You eyes started to blurry due all the water coming through your eyes.
"Yes... I know this little girl since she was an infant at the orphanage. I usually do health checks. I heard she was adopted last year..."
Everyone in the room stood there quietly. You wiped your tears and started checking her vitals and for any weird symptoms. You asked for a notebook to started writing everything that you checked.
Before you gave your analysis you asked them what they knew so far.
"All we know so far is that she has a poison inside her body. We tried every type of antidote to help her heal her but it's been unsuccessful."
You look away from your notebook and look at Bruce. With a serious tone you tell him of your analysis.
"Of course the antidotes you gave her wouldn't work... The type of poison she was given is a mixed of metal and plant. It's a new type of poison created that is not yet put in the textbooks. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I can create an antidote for this type of poison. The bad news is that I need to ask for help at one of my old best friends from college that you guys are not very fond of."