12.

The ocean crashed against the rocks as the seagulls overhead sang their song. The sun kissing the horizon so the moon could take it's shift. The current playing tagwith a familiar raven haired boy's bare feet. He's been out here for hours; thinking about that stupid blonde. That stupid blonde with the stupid smile and those stupid blue eyes, with that stupid raspy voice. Everything about him was stupid. Just stupid; and Sasuke was stupidly in love with him. So stupidly in love.

"Who told you to die, huh?" Sasuke says as tears desperately fell from his eyes. "You promised you'd never leave me and you lied to me; you jerk." Sasuke allowed his head to drop as he cried.

"I hate you Naruto Uzumaki." He yells at the wind. "I'll never forgive you."

Sasuke heard a stick cracking into the dirt and he turned to look. Small eyes stared back at him. He frowned and stood, dusting himself off. He walked to the bushes of dry land. He found himself coming to Naruto's favorite spot often. But he always sat close to the water. Just in case Naruto decided to emerge from the water from his swim. Just something to help him cope with his lost if you want to call it that.

He pushed the bushes apart and came in contact with a small fox. It stared at him and he stared back at it. It was something about this fox that made Sasuke want to break down and cry. The fox cooed. Sasuke pressed his lips together and reached a hand down in front of the fox. It flinched at first, then hesitantly leaned in to smell Sasuke, before licking at his fingers. Sasuke smiled.

"What are you doing all the way out here by yourself little guy?" He reached down and scooped the fox in his arms. Again, the fox cooed. Sasuke smirked.

"Who am I kidding?" He whispers. "I couldn't hate you if I tried Naruto." A lone tear escaped his eye as he smiled down at the small fox.

"I was just having a selfish moment." He says again. "And for that, I apologize."

Sasuke felt a warmth and sense of calm take over him. He smiled. He felt Naruto's presence. Sasuke walked back to the sand and sat down. He sat the fox in his lap, the small animal getting comfortable really fast. Sasuke leaned back on his hands, looking up at the sky. The sound of the waterfall soothing him.

"I think about you everyday that goes by." Sasuke says to the wind. "I-I know you're enjoying your time with your mom and god father so, I won't hold you long." Sasuke chewed on his bottom lip. "I-I just want to tell you I love you. And I miss you..so..much."

Sasuke took in a shaky breath. He felt his eyes began to water again and he was determined not to let then fall.

"Hopefully we'll meet eachother in another lifetime." He rambles. "Maybe you as a fox, and me as a Raven. And we become friends again. And fall in love. Maybe I wouldn't feel the way I feel. This, emptiness. I'm still mourning. Shikamaru seems to be doing fine. Temari's pregnant." Sasuke chuckles as if he could see Naruto's shocked reaction. "Yeah, Shikamaru asked me to be the god father of the child and I couldn't refuse."

Sasuke looked down at the now sleeping fox in his lap. "I could imagine us adopting a kid." He says. "Or fertilizing an egg for a woman to carry for us. Knowing you, you'd want the child to look like me. We'd name him Menma; and he'd be just like you. So bubbly. Energetic. Outgoing. Intelligent. And I'd come home from work one day. And sit on the couch. You sit next to me and lay your head on my shoulder. We don't speak, just content with eachother's presence. Then Menma comes and crawls into my lap and lays on me, falling asleep. And I sit there content with life because I have you. My fox."

I love you, my raven...

Sasuke chuckled and closed his eyes. "I love you too, my fox."