[AC2] You're Gonna Go Far, Kid [5]

After the conversation with the old woman, Fia (who Miranda would later learn was an Elder of the Dragon Clan, someone of great importance), she had promptly been left to her own devices for the night. The first thing she did was rummage through her dirtied messanger bag, as it contained the only remnants of her old life from the future (a somewhat ironic thought in and of itself).

What she found included her dead cell phone, her mp3 player, some chapstick, an emery board, a compass (she pocketed this, remembering her horrible sense of direction), her wallet (with$5.46 inside as well as her state ID and GameStop card), a couple of pens, a library book the library would never see the likes of again, a notepad, and a leather journal with the Dragon Clan symbol painted in silver on the front.

This last item, confused Miranda, as she had never owned it previously. The only logical idea of how it could have come into her possession would have been when Cleo had held her bag that day. She must have slipped it inside. Opening it up, Miranda moved the black ribbon marker out of the way impatiently, studying the beige colored pages. The front page was blank, as was normal for journals, and the page after that was already was marked on, the Dragon Clan symbol once again making an apperance in the top of the page in black. Below that were the words "The Dragon's Creed."

" One, when done unto you, return the favor. Two, never show your enemy mercy. Three, never compromise the Clan..." Miranda read aloud. "Only the last one is the same as the Brotherhood's Creed..."

Turning the page, she spotted a note folded neatly into a square between the two blank pages. Taking it in her hands she unfolded it and read silently from the candle's light she had lit awhile ago. The note was from Cleo, confirming her earlier thought of the journal being given to her by the odd-woman. It also went on to tell her that Cleo encouraged the brunette to write down her what she was taught and her own ideas of the world and its workings for future generations.

Miranda almost scoffed at the idea. Almost.

------------>

After a night of crying herself to sleep at the thought of never seeing her sometimes annoying family, she was back to work the next morning. But not by Vittoria as she had thought would happen. Instead she was placed under the tutelage of the man from before, Demetrio.

Now that it was daytime, she was able to get a good look at the man that would be teaching her for many years on how to be an Assassin of the Dragon Clan.

He had shaggy black hair that usually fell into the way of his gray eyes, though he kept the back of his hair tied with a length of leather. He had a rather tanned complexion and a scar along his right cheek from a mission in his lower ranked Assassin days. He wore the uniform again, giving Miranda a clear view of what the male's variety looked like.

There was a high collared black shirt with puffy sleeves under the raspberry-red tunic. The tunic itself was clapsed shut down the center by about six or so buckles, the hood attached to the sleeveless tunic was made to shadow the Assassin's face. This left a slit up the front of the tunic up to the man's pelvic area where the buckles stopped, and a slit up the back for mobility reasons. The tunic was lined in gold. A leather belt that held five throwing knives on Demetrio's left and three large pouches along the right and back of the belt was worn over a gold sash that tied to the right and left the ends trailing down to the man's knees. This left dark trousers to be tucked into high leather boots.

There was also the short sword holster strapped to the man's shoulders so that it laid on his back (much like Miranda remembered seeing Altair's when she had played Assassin's Creed in her own time) as well as a small holster on the right shoulder that held five more throwing knives: a thin rapier sword of sorts shoved between the belt and sash on the left, as well, to which Demetrio would frequently rest his left arm along the sheathed sword.