2

This was it , my chance to slay my first dragon. The American dragon. All my life's work of training led to this moment. Patiently, i waited as the big revealation of the American dragon's true identity began to unravel; i tied him up with a rope that drained the dragon out of him as the huntsclan surrounded me. The thought of all the eyes that were staring intensly at me began to make me anxious and deep down in my guts i felt sick but not from nervousness however from guilt ; no one deserves to die not even a dragon. I would never feel that way but something about this dragon, some feeling, some atmosphere felt familiar: those beady eyes, those colour combinations, that smell of way too much hair gel !

It all began to come together. Fear. Fear filled my eyes as the helpless boy stared at me "Rose" he whispered. The big reveal was done but it didn't make me feel better. That boy was in my maths this morning, that boy was my date for prom. That boy was Jake Long !

Paralysed, I stood there gawping in disbelief the huntsman came closer encouraging me to make my move and i did just that. I pointed my weapon at his neck and then and there he thought his life was gone but i 'accidentally' tripped and cut the rope instead. Jake's face lit up and i mouthed run instead he flew (which is what i would've done obviously). Relieved, i gave a sigh but i knew that i would be in deep trouble.