Chapter 7: Ready

Blair/Ana's POV

"Where are you taking me, Matt?", I asked, a hint of excitement was clear in my voice.

Matt looked down at me, a big smile plastered in his lips. "I'm going to show you my favorite place in the world."

He was holding my hand as we walked deeper into the forest. It was surrounded by big trees with lights filtering through the top branches. There were also shrubs, and other plants bursting of different colors. It was alive with the sound of its inhabitants. I filled my lungs with air. This forest in itself could be my favorite place, I thought.

It has been four days since the day Matt found me, or rather 'kidnapped' me from the motel. After our argument, that morning I woke up handcuffed to his bed, everything has been fairly smooth between us. In my four days with him, I discovered that he's not a bad person at all. He has always been kind and sweet to me. He won't even allow me to do chores around the mansion, saying he doesn't want me to get tired. He even served me breakfast in bed, four days straight! I hate being treated like a baby, especially back in my old pack, but damn, I'm loving this kind of attention coming from him, I grinned at the thought.

I also discovered that he's not a bad Alpha at all, as I first thought. Remarkably, Blood Moon pack is nothing like Silver Moon. I was surprised when I found out that in his pack, women are allowed to go on pack trainings, there are also female representatives during closed-door meetings, and overall, women are treated with utmost respect. When I asked him why, he frowned at my question, but told me that they used to have a female Alpha, the one before his father, so women were never treated lowly. It was my first time to hear of a female Alpha, she must be really kick-ass, I imagined.

In my four days here, Matt has never mentioned anything about claiming me, or presenting me as his Luna to the pack, though. His pack members must already be asking about me, I wonder what he tells them. But, anyway, I think it's better that we don't talk about it for now because honestly, I'm not sure yet if I'm ready for such a big commitment, I just came from running away from my old pack!

Two days ago, I was also able to have a chat with his mother- Cassandra, or Cass as they call her. I found out she's a human, thus I didn't smell any wolf scent from her when I saw her on my first morning at the mansion. I told her about my confusion with how I'm feeling towards my mate.

... "Aren't we supposed to feel as ONE?", I asked in a confused tone.

She thought about it for a moment, before saying, "Well, honestly Ana, I don't have a solid explanation as to why you're feeling like that towards my son..."

"Ow. Right. I'm sorry, I forgot you're human."

"But, I think I could try explain it with my own understanding of the nature of wolves and humans like myself." She smiled.

I listened with all ears to what she has to say. She may only be human, but she's got more experience than me on this aspect of mating, I thought.

"Well, I believe it's only normal for you to feel that way, Ana. You see, your wolf perfectly recognizes its mate, but your human, well, there are some things it cannot seem to comprehend."

I just blinked. I don't think I'm getting what she's trying to say.

She continued, " In other words, your wolf can be able to recognize Matt as her mate, no need for REASONS or EXPLANATIONS, she just KNOW. But, your human, well, humans tend to 'overthink' things, Ana. Simply, humans act through LOGIC while wolves act on 'INSTINCT'."

That makes sense, I thought. Maybe she's right. My human wants reasonable explanation for loving Matt, while my wolf, well, she just KNOW she loves him, that he's her mate...