♠Prolong♠

I'm falling.

I'm falling.

As I fall deeper into the abyss, I feel resistance, like I'm under water.

Consciousness hazy, senses fuzzy. Past and future held in my hands, melting together as one.

My thinking is clouded, I try to comprehend the situation as I slowly open my eyes. And yet.... The only thing that comes into view is a pitch black darkness.

I stare into a absent-mindedly, and begin to feel deluded, as the universe and I are one. I try to find the place where I belong within this space. I fell like I'm floating, dancing through the air....like a butterfly.

I closed my eyes again and my strength leaves me. 'Just let everything go....' Casting away all my thoughts and emotions. I slowly let it consume me.

Then I sensed a bright light somewhere, and I moved my hand, trying to reach the comforting light. My fingertips made contact with the bottom.

"Gah...!" I gasped as I felt coolness on my cheek. Making my eyes shot open. I cringed from the sudden brightness, making me close them.

I slowly opened my eyes again. I blinked a few times times, to get away the blurryness. Still only vaguely conscious, I slowly got up and take a look at mine surroundings.

I was in an open space with a high ceiling and walls pattern with beautiful geometric shapes. The stone floors polished to a shine and an elaborate chandelier hung above me. Detailed engravings coil up the nearby pillars and the candleholders affixed to them, emanate a soft light that fills the room with gentle brightness.

"Where...am I?" I wondered out loud. 'This place seems like a main hall of a mansion.... But what am I doing here?' I stand on unsteady legs and I started to walk, with so many questions that made my head hurt.

But just as I passed by the central stairway...

"Uuugh...*sob*....*hipc*...."

"Huh?" I heard a faint sobs from somewhere. 'Is there someone here...?'

I started to walk in the direction of the sound and I spot a little girl in a sailor dress, curled up in the fetal position by a pillar. I carefully stared to walk in her direction. "Um... Are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked worryingly but yet gently, to make sure not to scare her.

She continued to cry as her shoulders started to tremble. I reached out to touch her shoulder. Then the girl turned her head towards my direction, and I saw her face was covered by a creepy goat mask. I gasped in honor and retrieved my hand.

'There's something off with her...'

I took a step or two back at the sight of her.

"Why...? You...you...." her voice cracked. "Ve...neli....na...."

"What....?" 'Did she just said my name.?' I took a step towards her but she quickly backed away in fright.

"NOOOOOO!"

"...!" She suddenly let loose an ear-piercing shriek. I flinch from the volume of her voice as I covered my ears to shield myself. An and instant later, she's engulfed in some kind of black/purple mist.

'What the hell is happening?! What's this black mist?!'

"AHHHH!" Eyes wide, I gaped at the sight before me. All I could do was, to watch as the girl transformed into a horrific monster.