Chapter 19- Odd Behavior

Isabel looked at that stupid map again, still trying to figure out what the hell the letter on the map meant. She thought it should be glaringly obvious, but for some reason, it just wasn't. She sighed, before leaving the room, knowing what she needed to do. She needed to get into this guy's head. She went to the bathroom, and locked the door, knowing she needed to be absolutely alone when she did this. She checked to make sure the door was in fact locked, before sitting down on the floor, closing her eyes and concentrating. It was about time she used her powers again. She relaxed, but concentrated at the same time, and let her mind wander through the city, looking for the other mind she sought. Knowing what this guy did, she knew she could single him out. Suddenly, like a slingshot being pulled back, her mind was shot back to her, and she opened her eyes, automatically confused. The mind she was seeking didn't exist. Then that meant... whoever this guy was, he wasn't a monster. He wasn't doing this to cause pain. Isabel thought using her powers would work, but now, the only angle she had had gone up in smoke. What Isabel was to do now, she had no clue.

*******************

"Hey, what do you guys say we put a pin in all of this, go get some food, and come back refocused?"

"Akilah, are you hungry?"

"Yes." Reid looked over at Akilah and Morgan, who were being a little too loud for his liking. He had no clue where Ciara had gone, but at the same time, he knew he didn't need to keep track of her every move. She was actually part of the BAU now, not just a random girl from a college campus that the FBI decided to bring in. She could (probably) take care of herself. Although, Reid was beginning to see that Ciara did present some pretty odd behavior. She came back just at the same time that everyone else decided to agree with Akilah, that it probably was about time to take a bit of a lunch break. Reid looked at his watch and saw that it was just after two in the afternoon. Yeah, it was probably about time. Akilah suggested a small diner that was a small walk away from the station, and one small walk later, they were being greeted by a teenage girl with a blonde ponytail.

"Agent Ganem! Agent Byrne! I can't believe I'm seeing you again! I thought you were going to Quantico?" the girl asked, and Akilah smiled.

"Hey, Adriana. We did go to Quantico, but everyone here decided that they missed us so much, they called us back," Akilah told the girl, Adriana, before turning to the rest of the time. "This is Adriana. Ciara and I found her little sister when she went missing a couple years ago. She always takes care of Ciara and me when we come here. Adriana, this is our new team. Agents Hotchner, Rossi, Morgan, Prentiss, Jareau, and Dr. Reid."

"Hi! Friends of Agent Ganem and Agent Byrne are friends of mine. Eight? C'mon, I'll show you to your table," Adriana said, before grabbing some menus and silverware and leading them to a nice table by a window.

She seems nice enough, Reid thought to himself as Adriana gave him a menu and a thing of silverware. She took their drink orders, before rushing off to get the next person that had just come into the diner. Hotch and Rossi had already started talking about the case, and Prentiss, Akilah, JJ, and Morgan were in a different conversation, leaving him and Ciara to come up with something to talk about. Well, maybe not. Ciara didn't seem up to conversation, but rather, she was focusing on making sure her silverware was completely straight and lined up. Adriana came back with their drinks and was going to take their order, but then someone else came in, and, smiling, she gave them an apology, before greeting the newcomers.

"Poor Adriana. They never schedule enough people to work with her. She works almost every day during the summer from open to close nearly entirely on her own. I don't know how she does it," Akilah mentioned, and Reid looked around, noting that the diner was pretty busy. How did one teenage girl do it on her own? He watched her move and saw that she was gracefully going from table to table, taking a couple minutes with each one, checking on things, taking orders, and just making sure everyone was happy. Adriana made her way back to them, pulling out her notepad to take their order. They went around the table, with Akilah and Ciara going last.