Prologue

Wars were not the creation of humans, no matter how often man attributes them to itself. The first war was fought deep below where humans would come to dwell. It was a warm place that offered comfort prior to the tragedies that later unfolded. The land, known as Usmya was split into two factions: the first grew into a kingdom of light an  purity known as Bagrielis. The second kingdom, Hadisian, kept to the shadows and thrived on the darkest desires of anyone’s heart.

Much like humans, the leaders of the two kingdoms grew ambitious. Each wanted to grow their lands and expand upon what they lay claim to. In a bid to grow stronger and lead the army of Hadisian seven generals were formed of fire and brimstone. Each one as hungry as the god who created them. The first born from the flames was a woman with her head held high from the very start. Lucifer named his first leader Pride, for the confident manner with which she swelled. Her devilish smile was one to be ensnared by when one wasn’t worrying about what was on her mind.

To combat her Lucifer’s rival, Yahweh brought forth a being of pure light. Humility was a rather large being that often gave more credit to those around him than he took himself. His grace and kindness often through Pride off guard. Because neither leader seemed willing to finish one another off more were created with the same result.

The more war raged the more Usmya suffered, until one day the Bagrielis people decided to leave. Usmya was left desolate, a land where nothing grew any longer. Once pure and glorious the atmosphere had decayed leaving the stench of sulfur along with a desolate heat. One could barely touch another without the friction causing sparks and eventually flames that overtook the air. So, the land was dubbed Hell and any inhabitants either demons, or damned souls. Thus the seven powerful leaders were recoined as the seven deadly sins.

Cursed to spend eternity locked together with no way out of the war torn home of their youth the sins vowed to one day break away from their cage. When the day of their freedom came the seven promised to wreck havoc and bring all of hell with them.