Chapter 2

Drake looked at her sister, a small smile gracing his lips.

The meeting was to be held tomorrow, the other three kings they were allied with were coming to our castle.

Kailen was still playing with her, tickling her sides making her shriek in laughter.

They adored her sister without a doubt. Loved her so much. She was their light in the hundred years they lived. They would be damned if some war would hurt her.

"Come on, lil girl. It's time to go home." Drake said as he looked at the window. The dark sky looked beautiful, the stars shined brighter.

"But-"she pouted.

"Get some sleep, sis. This wound will heal by tomorrow." Kailen pointed to the knife wound on his side.

The knife was dripping with mixture of hydra scale and venom. The hydra scale made it impossible to close the wound and stop the bleeding while the venom entered his system. It took awhile for them to suck the mixture out. Kailen was lucky to be born in a strong bloodline.

It was a shock to them that rogues seem to have hydra scales. They were extinct and only those who killed hydras had their scales. Killing hydras was a difficult thing to do. It was hard to believe that rogues got them.

"Okay, bubba." She said and hugged him tight.

Kailen couldn't help but sigh at the nickname. It was embarrassing really but once she called him that, he instantly melted. He found it so adorable.

He kissed her forehead and waved as they left his room.

I'd rather have this wound than her to be hurt, he thought to himself.

Ever since she was born, there were death threats from everywhere. Everyone was angry, furious. They hunted those bastards and tortured them till they died. In one of those hunt was the person who put Kailen in the hospital.

He died anyway.

*•*•*•*•*

Drake walked towards one of the cells. In there was the rogue, the rogue who tried to harm his people. He was tied up with silver chains surrounding his entire body. Even a tiny movement would burn his skin.

"Who do you work for?"

The rogue smirked, "It's a secret."

Drake snarled at him, his eyes turning a bloody red. "Answer me and I'll make your death quick."

The rogue only snorted and looked away, seeming bored.

It was Drake's turn to smirk,"Wrong choice."

He grabbed the blade from his pocket. It was made from iron. He stopped himself from getting his hydra scaled sword and chose something a wolf could endure. He didn't want his prisoner to die just yet.

The rogue laughed,"Are you stupid?!"

"That won't even hurt,"he guffawed. Drake smirked making him cease his laughter.

Fiery red lit up his throat. His once red eyes turned obsidian black, rings of red and gold glowing.

Something glowing and hot came out his mouth as he spat on the blade. The rogue's face paled at the sight. He trembled making his skin burn at the silver chains.