Chapter 3 -reaching chihiro • part one

Haku pov

After 8 years I still missed chihiro .
I badly wanted to see her one more time but i haven't been able to pass through the barrier to the human world. I continued to do yubabas missions so that if chihiro came back I would still be here waiting for her . After 4 years of trying to cross into the human world I had an idea .
I remembered that yubabas sister zeneba had given chihiro something to keep her safe however it could also be used as a way to watching over the girl .
So I took a trip to see the old witch .

When I arrived I was welcomed into her house by no face . " ah good evening haku , how can I be of service." Said zeneba .
" good evening zeneba " I bow to both her and no face " it's been a while "
" it certainly has haku I haven't seen you since Sen was here " said the witch .
"Funnily enough it's to do with Sen , I was wandering if you had enchanted that hair band to allow you to watch over the girl ." I asked looking at the witch infront of me who had gone slightly pale . She nodded " I would have been stupid not to . " she replied .
" can I see her?" I ask . By this point the old lady was paler than no face . She nodded cautiously and I could feel the worry growing on my face . What was wrong and why was zeneba so worried looking so I asked " what's wrong is she okay " . Zeneba replied " why don't you see for yourself "
About a minute or two later a porthole appeared infront of me big enough to step through.
I already knew how it worked but zeneba still explained it to me " all you need to do is step through and you will be be able to watch her only because this is a view only spell ." I nodded " you can stay in there as long as you like haku. I don't mind but you have to put this ring on so you don't have to leave after five minutes" so I put the ring on
I was both happy and worried about seeing her again ... I hesitated before stepping through the porthole.

There was a blinding light before chihiro came into focus .
She hadn't changed much but she was wearing her school uniform and she had bruises all over her face and arms she was sitting in what looked like the school toilet and she had her arms wrapped around her knees tears pouring down her cheeks.
I was shocked by the state she was in and I felt a tear run down my cheek . I couldn't bear it seeing her this way and the bruises every time she made even the tiniest move I could see her wince in pain ... I heard her whisper something to herself ..."haku please come back please save me " ...