Chapter 17

I was hiding.

Both literally and figuratively.

I was hiding from the trio and was avoiding them at any cost. On the other hand I was hiding from the truth —I saw everything, I remember each and every threat they gave me very clearly, yet I was not able to digest everything I saw or heard. So I was hiding. I was acting as if nothing like that ever happened in my life.

But as they say life never goes as planned, definitely something bound to happen that can make me curse my existence.

When I entered my physics class, I saw Mr. Johnson already leaning against his desk and was reading something. I made my way to my usual spot and sat. Soon the class was filled with students. Chris and Blake also got back to their usual seat. I glanced at them and noticed that they were busy with their own work. I was happy that they ignored my presence but again my happiness died a brutal death on hearing Mr. Johnson.

"From now on you all will be sitting with your partners, as I want you all to discuss everything you all need to discuss for the project." He finalised, making me once again at lost of breath.

I turned to check the duo reactions but they surprised me as both of them were looking at me, directly in the eye.

They looked rather relieved at Mr. Johnson declaration. It seemed that it was what they wanted.

I found myself again at a very awkward situation. Again the same girl, Catherine, came over to pull me out of my awkward stance and throw me into more awkward situation.

I got up slowly and turn around to move to my respective position. My heart slightly fluttered when I saw Blake got up and asked the guy near him to move. The guy immediately vacated the seat and to my surprise Blake took it.

I was going to sit between them?

I slowly stood beside the empty seat between them. However, Both of them got back to their business. I was glad when I heard Chris's voice, "Are you going to sit down, anytime soon?" the arrogance in his voice was very well evident. I nodded nonetheless and sat on my spot. I shyly took a glance at Blake and once again was left in extreme surprise when I saw him staring at me, with confusion.

"You remember that we need to talk, right?" Blake asked me bringing me back to the reality. I slowly nodded.

"Did you tell anyone?" He asked still looking at me. I again shook my head as I didn't trust my mouth then.

"Meet us at the parking lot, when the school gets over. Got it?" He instructed. I was really very scared by then and Blake was doing a great job at making me even more nervous.

"Quit it dude! You are scaring the shit out of her." I was surprised to hear Chris's defensive voice.

"Fuck off Chris. I know what I am doing." Blake again said very calmly. I wish I could be as confident as Blake. Chris just gritted but didn't say anything after that.

Mr. Johnson began the class. The eerie silence in the class due to intimidating nature of Mr. Johnson was not helping me to calm my heartbeat down. I focused my entire attention on the book in front. I wasn't reading, just burning holes in the book.

"You're okay?" I was again taken aback by Chris's question. I looked up and saw he was looking at me with concern. I nodded immediately and then again fixed my gaze to the book in front.

"Listen Amanda I know..." he wasn't able to finish his sentence due to screeching voice of my chair against the floor.

Blake had pulled me towards him.

I looked at him in atmost horror and saw him smirking at me. This also got Mr. Johnson's attention along with the entire class'.

"What was that?" Mr. Johnson asked raising a brow at Blake.