Tamaki Suoh- Dripping in good looks

I scrubbed harder, the grease sticking under my fingernails. The blackened cauldron hadn't grown any cleaner since I started scrubbing it hours ago. I sighed, and wiped my forehead, cursing when grease got in my hair. I snuck a glance at professor Snape, who was sitting at his desk grading papers. 

Well...I suppose it was my fault for provoking him, but he didn't have to give me a whole weeks worth of detention...

"Are you working there, Riddle? That cauldron hasn't gotten any cleaner, has it?" said Snape, not looking up from his desk.

"No professor, if I didn't know better, I would say it's been getting more greasy the longer I scrub it," I deadpanned, continuing my scrubbing. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Snape hide a smirk. 

"It's midnight, you're done for today," he said, after glancing at the clock, "After all, you've still got 12 inches of parchment to do on the uses of wolfsbane."

"Actually, I don't," I said as I slung my book bag around my shoulder, "I was exempted from doing that since you deemed my potion acceptable," I reminded him.

Snape nodded grudgingly, recalling that Hermoine's, Draco's and mine were the only potions that were done correctly. 

"Very well then," something sparked in Snape's usually cold eyes, "Research the spells and making of glamours," 

I cocked my head in confusion, "That isn't in our textbook,"

"Exactly," he said. 

It dawned on me then, "Oh, you want me to check the library," 

Snape nodded, "You'd better get started. And take a shower first. Don't get that grease all over the books,"

I smirked, "No need for a shower," I said as I opened the door, "After all, people always say I'm dripping in good looks," I slammed the door shut, chuckling as I imagined the expression on Snape's face right now. It was already midnight, and I'd asked draco to inform Psycho that I couldn't make it to the roof tonight, so I might as well go and research. 

Contrary to what I told Snape, I actually did take a shower before heading to the library.

 "Lumos," I whispered, and moved my wand over the library shelves. I pulled out the book I was looking for, "Glamourous Glamours" and wondered why Snape told me to research this when it had nothing to do with potions. 

"...Glamours allow the caster to manipulate his or her appearance..." 

Does Snape know? Why else does he want me to learn this? I looked at my wrists, and was satisfied when my band bracelets covered my scars perfectly. He couldn't possibly know. I mentally recalled all the conversations I'd had with Snape, and came out blank. I had no clue why he wants me to learn this. But I'll do it anyway. Glamour seems useful. I stayed up all night, and by the time dawn came, I hadn't made any progress. The days flew by, and I was finally making progress with my Glamour- though it was far from perfect. Staying up at nights practicing had gotten to me. I thought I was used to the lack of sleep, but apparently, I was mistaken. I could barely keep my eyes open when it was time for flying lessons with gryffindor. Needless to say, I did horrible. Madam Hooch- our flying instructor- kept correcting my grip and stance. Then it was finally time for us to fly. 

"Now, when I blow my whistle, you kick off from the ground, hard," said Madam Hooch. "Keep your brooms steady, rise a few feet, and then come straight back down by leaning forward slightly. On my whistle -- three-- two --"

But Neville, nervous and jumpy and frightened of being left on the ground, pushed off hard before the whistle had touched Madam Hooch's lips.

"Come back, boy!" she shouted, but Neville was rising straight up like a cork shot out of a bottle -- twelve feet -- twenty feet. I saw his scared white face look down at the ground falling away, saw him gasp, slip sideways off the broom and --

I jumped forward instinctively, barely aware of what I was doing. I felt his weight crash into my chest, hard. I fell towards the grassy floor, and managed to keep my chin tucked close to my body, so that my head didn't snap against the ground. I took in deep breaths, and my vision cleared, I could hear voices of the crowd around me. 

"What happened-"

"Are you okay-"

"That was brave-"

"Why isn't he in Gryffindor-"

I felt Neville being lifted off me, and I smiled to show that I was okay. I stood up, even though I would much rather stay on the ground. I couldn't get sent to the infirmary, I had to hide my pain. 

"T-t-thank you, X-xasper ," said Neville shakily, as Madam Hooch held him up. 

 "Don't mention it," I smiled, wiping the grass off of my robes. Madam Hooch looked me up and down. 

"You took a bad blow too, Xasper. Do you need to see Madam Pomfrey as well?" 

I shook my head, trying to look convincing. She gave me a look saying she didn't quite believe me, but sighed, "Well, I can't force you," 

Then she turned to the class, and threatened them not to touch the brooms. She helped Neville hobble away to Madam Pomfrey 

That's when hell broke loose. 

"That was so cool-"

"Will you go out with me-"

"You should change to Gryffindor-"

That last comment seemed to tick off all the Slytherin fan girls, who immediately retorted, and begun a heated argument that soon got the boys involved as well. I sent pleading glances to Harry and Draco, both of whom ignored me, and instead got into an argument of their own. All of a sudden, everyone went silent. I looked up, to find that the reason for the silence was that Draco and Harry had gotten onto their brooms, and were now fighting each other mid air. I'll admit, Harry was good. But then Professor McGonagall appeared, and she was furious. 

"HARRY POTTER!"

I zoned out of Professor McGonagall's reprimands, as I helped Draco up. He himself had fallen off his broom, though nobody else was paying attention to him.

"That was a foolish thing to do," I mumbled to him. Draco flushed, "Yeah, I guess I shouldn't have taken the rememberall,"

I nudged him, trying to cheer him up. 

"Oh well, you only live once,"  

Draco looked up, surprised that I was siding with him. I winked, and Draco rolled his eyes. He would learn. He can change. He's not broken like me. I looked up at the sky, so large and vast. One could get lost in it but never found again.

War out!