2: Present Day

(Face claim for the character  Bailey and the song Willow)

San Antonio Fire Department Call out" Kate yells.

She enters a room and immediately is shocked by what she sees.

"Chief we have a problem, this is a terrorists den" Kate says amidst the flames she sees pictures.

She sees ones of people she recognizes, her daughters.

"Damn it" She yells

"Chief I'm gonna need to take some time off" Kate says.

"Chief we pulled these from the remains of the building" one of the other firefighters says handing the chief some pictures with different severities of burn to them.

"Is this why?" The chief asks.

"Yes" Kate responds.

"You are officially on a leave of absence till you are ready to come back" He says.

"Thank you" Kate says as they load up the rigs.

She calls her daughters schools.

"May I speak to the principal?" She asks

"Hello" the principal says having gotten the call transferred to her office.

"I need my kids to be excused from their classes until further notice" Kate says. "I believe we are in danger and am taking them for their protection till the threat is eliminated, I'll be there in thirty minutes"

"Mam are you in trouble?" The principle asks.

"The less you know the better" was all she got in reply form Kate.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Mom what's the rush" Jade asks.

Kate doesn't respond.

"Mom" Jade yells.

"We are being targeted ok!" Kate yells back.

"Where are we going" Jade asks.

"To the one person I trust with my life" Kate replies.

That person being Drew Alister. He was there for her having her back too many times to count when they were overseas together, the one time they were at the same base, in the same unit even.

xxxxxxxxxx

"Mom you know this is a hospital" Jade says when her mother parks in front of San Antonio Memorial Hospital.

"I hope to god he still works here" Kate mumbles under her breath. "Girls come on, crack a window for Jay and Bear please"

"He's a he" Jade says raising her eyebrows up and down.

She had her moments that's for sure. Moments where she hated her mom. One where she absolutely loved her mom. They joked together, and they were sad together. They felt together.

"He's a friend from when I was overseas" Kate says as the three of them enter the ER. 

"Can I help you" a Doctor with short brown hair, blue scrubs on asks.

"Captain Drew Alister, he here?" Kate says.

"May I ask what you need him for" he asks.

"The less you know the better" Kate says.

There it is 'the less you know the better' comment. One would be left wondering what's up with this woman. What could she have possibly gotten herself into?