Saving Ariel

A/N: Just to let you know, the chapters won't always be in third person. I prefer first as it's a lot easier for me to maintain. Plus it gives a better perspective. :) - Picture of Carter on the side.

"Ariel," Jose said with a stern tone.

"Don't start this again." Ariel barked in defence. She was tired of arguing about the wedding now, it was meant to be her hen night but he wouldn't let her out of his sight.

"You are not going out on the town with the girls." He grasped her wrist tightly and gave it a twist; she squealed as tears rolled down her rosy cheeks. She was flustered by his sudden gestures.

"Let go," Ariel paused. "Please."

"You're staying in!" He yelled down at her, stepping forward as his eyebrow's furrowed. "I don't want you taunting around dressed like a little slut."

Her face turned scarlet in frustration; he shouldn't be treating her like this! He was her soon-to-be husband, and if he didn't let her spend a night out like traditions go for the bachelor and hen parties, she was going to seriously open a can of ass whooping. "I'm telling you now, I am going out with the girls."

"No." He said hoarsely, slamming his body against hers. "I won't allow it."

"Stop acting like my parents and be my fun, old boyfriend!" She shook her head in dismay as she trudged towards the front door - her dress was flowing just above her knees, a baby blue tinted dress with laced cross-over straps at the back of it. She wore bright Crimson red lipstick, and curled her hair lightly - letting it flow down her back and over her shoulders slightly. She looked beautiful, but all he cared about was the - not so noticeable - length. She didn't intend for it to be above her knees, it was a dress she liked and she would wear it at her own will.

"If you-" His words were shut out by the sudden slamming of the door. Ariel fumed as she ran down the pathway that led away from their small cottage in the middle of, well, nowhere. It was an odd place to live - the only people she'd come across were strange towards her, they'd nod their heads gracefully and disappear back into a small town; it seemed abandoned when she would ride through on her old bike for some space. It was deserted here and she disliked that.

Not to mention, Ariel was only 21 and had a lot to live for. She had considered marrying Jose after their four year anniversary. They had been dating for such a long time, and out of the blue, he snapped like a restful twig in a child's hand. He started being aggressive towards her and she didn't know why.

She lifted her knees higher as she ran in her heels, it was a tremendous experience for her feet, but if she didn't hurry, he'd catch up with her like he always did. "You ready, bride?" Sally chirped. She bowed her head towards Ariel's wrist in shock, her face threatened to burn Carmine red as she took it in her palm. "What did that prick do!?"

"Nothing," Ariel breathed slowly, tucking her legs into the car and shutting the doors. She heard the door locks click shut and let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't even try to lie to me, we've been best friends since we were born. I know he's done this to you." Her eyes glowered with anger as she stroked Ariel's wrist in disbelief. Ariel flinched as a shocking pain threatened to harm her slightly bruised arm - how was that even possible? Could it really form that quickly?

"I'm fine," she huffed, resting her wrist in her lap. Sally cursed under her breath and pressed on the peddle; Ariel's arm flung up in horror, hoping to grasp hold of the seat belt for support. It was obvious that Sally was furious with the both of them. "He didn't want me to come out tonight," she admitted.

Sally's head snapped up. "Why not? It's traditional for the girls."

"I told him that!" Ariel declared in defence. "He just grabbed hold of my wrist, twisted it and slammed his body against mine. I've never seen him so, so over protective."